A fun show

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched a couple of episodes last night and they were interesting. Common sense is not that common. I think Robert Irvine makes RI addictive for me - he always does a couple of new dishes for failing restaurants. I didn't really click with the host of this show.....
Samster,
Thanks for you comments on the show. I wrote the show to ensure that people that can't afford or don't have access to the big chains, understand what is important in our industry.
The industry is built on owners of small inns. Sorry you don't click with me, but glad you think I have some good things to say. Give me a chance, I am just as lovable as Robert. Don't tell anyone, but we may do a show together. :)
WOW! Thanks for stopping in. I love the show.
These people need a good dose of realism and that is what you give to them. I don't see how you can keep from screaming at them. I would be livid if I saw what you see. Come on people..get real! You have to be tough...not loveable or even likeable...but they usually do really love you in the end...:)
You need to do a few more inns and B & B's....there are lots out there I am sure we could point you to some
embaressed_smile.gif

Yes, we are casting the second season as we speak. I would really love some small inns. I love when people say, "I can't wait to retire and run a small inn". They have no idea how hard it is and how many hours of dedication it takes. But there is nothing like staying at a small inn when it is done right!

Thanks Joey!!.
Anthony Host of HI said:
Thanks Joey!!
Hey Anthony, any bald dude from NY has to be, shall we say "curt"
shades_smile.gif

I think you scared all of us, as B&B's most of us use quilts, and they ain't white! I even mentioned this last night, I said if I did the triple sheeting, duvet, what about our "Comphy sheets" spa/hospitality sheets our guests rave about.
Here is my favorite "standard hotel" amenity from a hotel in Nags Head, NC
lrg_Standard%20Hotel_Amenities.jpg

Watched a couple of episodes last night and they were interesting. Common sense is not that common. I think Robert Irvine makes RI addictive for me - he always does a couple of new dishes for failing restaurants. I didn't really click with the host of this show.....
Samster,
Thanks for you comments on the show. I wrote the show to ensure that people that can't afford or don't have access to the big chains, understand what is important in our industry.
The industry is built on owners of small inns. Sorry you don't click with me, but glad you think I have some good things to say. Give me a chance, I am just as lovable as Robert. Don't tell anyone, but we may do a show together. :)
These people need a good dose of realism and that is what you give to them. I don't see how you can keep from screaming at them. I would be livid if I saw what you see. Come on people..get real! You have to be tough...not loveable or even likeable...but they usually do really love you in the end...:)
You need to do a few more inns and B & B's....there are lots out there I am sure we could point you to some
embaressed_smile.gif

My pleasure. Let me know if anyone would like to be considered for the show on season 2, we are casting now.
Anthony Host of HI said:
My pleasure. Let me know if anyone would like to be considered for the show on season 2, we are casting now.
You could do an entire episode on "THE FRONT DOOR" the web presence, or lackthereof of so many hotels and inns. For many of us, if we don't bait that hook we would have no guests at all.
I innvite you out to Blue Ridge Country Virginia... http://www.claibornehouse.net/

Samster,
embaressed_smile.gif

Anthony Host of HI said:
I wonder if you could actually start calling the guys on the bottom of the reviews and work up from there. I can name at least three in town that need to be fixed, but I'm north of the border and we don't even have your show on aroun here, yet.

We have a similar program over here called "The Hotel Inspector". There's a new series starting new week, looking forward to it.

Samster,
embaressed_smile.gif

Anthony Host of HI said:
Thanks for saying hi. I love your show! Keep up the good work. We have lots of places in my area that could use your help but I am not sure if they really want help!

We have a similar program over here called "The Hotel Inspector". There's a new series starting new week, looking forward to it..
tried to nominate my godmothers properties for the hotel inspector but it didn't take! ha ha

We have a similar program over here called "The Hotel Inspector". There's a new series starting new week, looking forward to it..
tried to nominate my godmothers properties for the hotel inspector but it didn't take! ha ha
There's someone near here who treats some guests so badly they've set up a website just to tell their side of the story.
I'd love to see Alex take him on.

Samster,
embaressed_smile.gif

I would not have the money to do the improvements that are needed - advice is great but with no $$$..... I am up to my armpits getting a new roof - if the roofer ever comes over with the contract so I can get in line...... Now that the storms have hit, I imagine the line just got a lot longer.

Samster,
Thanks for stopping by, Anthony!
welcome.gif
If you could get rid of all the nasty bedspreads out there in hotels/inns, that would be an awesome accomplishment!
wink_smile.gif

Just because folks have never been in the hospitality industry before, doesn't mean that they can't be good inn owners. What I saw lacking in most of the hotel owners that were featured in the shows I watched was a lack of a business plan and knowledge of basic marketing and social media.
Would love to see you and Robert team up!
I will keep watching....

Samster,
Thanks for stopping by, Anthony!
welcome.gif
If you could get rid of all the nasty bedspreads out there in hotels/inns, that would be an awesome accomplishment!
wink_smile.gif

Just because folks have never been in the hospitality industry before, doesn't mean that they can't be good inn owners. What I saw lacking in most of the hotel owners that were featured in the shows I watched was a lack of a business plan and knowledge of basic marketing and social media.
Would love to see you and Robert team up!
I will keep watching....
Mind you this reminds me of what a neighbour said to me yesterday - she has just spend $30,000 on getting all her electrics bang up to date - so doesn't have much left over for any cosmetic improvements this year - just had an AA inspection "oh it would be lovely if you put those illuminated mirrors in every bathroom (she has 16 rooms) which cost approx $80-100 each.
She said to me I would love to do stuff like this but its too expensive!

A new season of Hotel Impossible seems to have started. Anybody see the 08/12/13 episode? It's a "B&B" (actually a 12-room hotel that furnishes "breakfast") in Baltimore.
Watch it if you can find it. It will make you furious, not at the show but at the absolutely clueless, detached owners, who think they're saving money by cutting every corner possible, but instead they've killed their business that was, before they took over, rated best B&B in Baltimore.
Honestly, you won't believe it's real, but apparently it is.

A new season of Hotel Impossible seems to have started. Anybody see the 08/12/13 episode? It's a "B&B" (actually a 12-room hotel that furnishes "breakfast") in Baltimore.
Watch it if you can find it. It will make you furious, not at the show but at the absolutely clueless, detached owners, who think they're saving money by cutting every corner possible, but instead they've killed their business that was, before they took over, rated best B&B in Baltimore.
Honestly, you won't believe it's real, but apparently it is..
I saw it last night. They were disgusting owners and even with Anthony's smack-down, I don't believe they will turn it asround. There's no way that people who treated a property and their guests like that can all of a sudden have the standards or money needed to make that place turn around.
One thing I liked was that Anthony said several times how most b&bs offer more/better amenities and care than a lot of hotels.

Yes to everything you said BD. They just don't have what it takes to make it a success. I know they didn't earn the seed money.
What a great old building, absolutely run into the ground. I've seen the same thing happen to a couple of older motels in my town. Buy it, don't put a penny into it, suck it dry, and close it.
Hopeless. An episode that can make any innkeeper feel proud in comparison!

Back