A Ghost in the Library

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK... seriously... was there any wind that day? Do you have anything loose up there? Like maybe a shingle that flaps up in the wind, then falls back down (thud)? Or a weather vane that flaps around? Or an electrical cord to a lightning rod? Or do seagulls ever land on your roof?
For the library... was it a partly cloudy day? The kind where clouds go over the sun quickly? Or do you ever have low flying aircraft? (They also block the sun briefly at times.) Or even flocks of seagulls or some such... don't know if they'd be dense enough to block the sun.
Frankly, I'm not a believer in ghosts. I do think that there are spirits (angels and demons) and that spiritual things are real, but I get pretty cynical about ghosts.
=)
Kk..
oh sure ... lots of reasons for sounds on the roof. seagulls galore. feathers float down all the time. i am accustomed to the sounds the seagulls make on the roof, i even know the sound of one in the chimney. loose pieces of ceiling in the cupola fall down, all of it. it's an odd old house. this sounded like footsteps over head ... going along the hallway toward the stairs down to me. if a visitor hadn't had to walk by me to get out, (and none did) i'd think a vagrant had been sleeping in the attic and was awakened by my cleaning. but, as i said, it's an old place and easy to shrug things off in the daylight.
as for the shadow (play creepy music here) i don't know. and however 'cute' thos bats look in the pictures, i do NOT want any flying around in here. i might like to look at one if YOU were holding it. as far as i know the bats in maine do not look like little foxes or teddy bears, they are black or dark brown and look like rats with wings ... shudderrrrrr ...
http://www.tooter4kids.com/Bats/what_does_a_bat_look_like.htm
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Snouts. Poor bats.
This is an excellent homeschool project. You can throw so much into it.
BTW more trivia for you - - on the playgrounds in Australia they typically have something called a flying fox. It is a cable you run and hang onto and race across about 100 feet of yard. It is unqiue to Australia adults love this too.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Yes, in fact just now as I did a Google image search on bats I had to stop reading the forum because the boys insisted on looking at the pictures and knowing what the pages said about bats. So we just had a little lesson on them...
=)
Kk.
Take a trip to Austin Texas in the Spring...take some chairs before dusk and go sit by the South Congress bridge. You will see a gazillion Mexican free tailed bats take off & go down the river. Now, that's some home schooling right there!
Samster said:
Take a trip to Austin Texas in the Spring...take some chairs before dusk and go sit by the South Congress bridge. You will see a gazillion Mexican free tailed bats take off & go down the river. Now, that's some home schooling right there!
They fly in colonies? Cool.

OK... seriously... was there any wind that day? Do you have anything loose up there? Like maybe a shingle that flaps up in the wind, then falls back down (thud)? Or a weather vane that flaps around? Or an electrical cord to a lightning rod? Or do seagulls ever land on your roof?
For the library... was it a partly cloudy day? The kind where clouds go over the sun quickly? Or do you ever have low flying aircraft? (They also block the sun briefly at times.) Or even flocks of seagulls or some such... don't know if they'd be dense enough to block the sun.
Frankly, I'm not a believer in ghosts. I do think that there are spirits (angels and demons) and that spiritual things are real, but I get pretty cynical about ghosts.
=)
Kk..
oh sure ... lots of reasons for sounds on the roof. seagulls galore. feathers float down all the time. i am accustomed to the sounds the seagulls make on the roof, i even know the sound of one in the chimney. loose pieces of ceiling in the cupola fall down, all of it. it's an odd old house. this sounded like footsteps over head ... going along the hallway toward the stairs down to me. if a visitor hadn't had to walk by me to get out, (and none did) i'd think a vagrant had been sleeping in the attic and was awakened by my cleaning. but, as i said, it's an old place and easy to shrug things off in the daylight.
as for the shadow (play creepy music here) i don't know. and however 'cute' thos bats look in the pictures, i do NOT want any flying around in here. i might like to look at one if YOU were holding it. as far as i know the bats in maine do not look like little foxes or teddy bears, they are black or dark brown and look like rats with wings ... shudderrrrrr ...
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Snouts. Poor bats.
BTW more trivia for you - - on the playgrounds in Australia they typically have something called a flying fox. It is a cable you run and hang onto and race across about 100 feet of yard. It is unqiue to Australia adults love this too.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Yes, in fact just now as I did a Google image search on bats I had to stop reading the forum because the boys insisted on looking at the pictures and knowing what the pages said about bats. So we just had a little lesson on them...
=)
Kk.
Samster said:
Actually it is one GIANT colony. Definitely cool and why there are no skeeters by the river there/

=)
Kk..
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Snouts. Poor bats.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
=)
Kk.
You couldn't pay me enough money to watch that. I had enough experiences with bats in the OLD farmhouse I grew up in to last me a lifetime. In the bedrooms, landing on our hands at night, waking up to them hanging over our heads...no can do, no siree

=)
Kk..
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Snouts. Poor bats.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
=)
Kk.
Samster said:
Actually it is one GIANT colony. Definitely cool and why there are no skeeters by the river there/
Samster said:
Speaking of field trips, my technically/technology challenged parents will be dirivng I-40 all the back to the east in a few days from Vegas. Dad is finally convinced he will buy a GPS. He wants me to go look at them WHEN HE GETS HOME. DOH!
DH just shook his head and walked out of the room. I tried to tell him they wouldn't even know how to turn it on. So I will do some small road trips with Dad and get him in the swing. Maybe he can use it to go to Wal mart or find a Denny's. LOL!

Back