A giggle and laugh among the hectic!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Harpie

Reaction score
We had a break last night and were sitting on the patio sipping on a glass of wine when my wife said. Running a B&B is just like the Movie "Ground Hog Day". Same thing day in and day out. That was when the wine squirted out of nose! She's a keeper!

teeth_smile.gif

No, it's not the same old thing here. Long, long time ago (Probably at Figurehead's home) I saw this video of this couple trying to run a ski lodge and everything went crazy, fell apart, etc. That's what it is here. I try to work on the pool to find out that no the guest in a room just blew a breaker….

I watch Money Pit with Tom Hanks - its prep for my renovations! Also Barry the handyman put me in touch with some super scrap people who have taken 1 of the cars I was able to get paperwork out of my godbrother for and my god sister came for her other car - but then it wouldn't start so scrap people helped her jump start it and got them on their way! 2 out of 5 cleared Im on a roll! God mother is coming with a removal van to take lots of stuff tomorrow so cautiously optimistic! wish me luck!

No, it's not the same old thing here. Long, long time ago (Probably at Figurehead's home) I saw this video of this couple trying to run a ski lodge and everything went crazy, fell apart, etc. That's what it is here. I try to work on the pool to find out that no the guest in a room just blew a breaker…..
I laughed when I read your post, Duff. I think that movie was Snowball Express!

No, it's not the same old thing here. Long, long time ago (Probably at Figurehead's home) I saw this video of this couple trying to run a ski lodge and everything went crazy, fell apart, etc. That's what it is here. I try to work on the pool to find out that no the guest in a room just blew a breaker…..

Oh, dear! I just got a new laptop and somehow I told it to post the same note many times. I don't know how to undo it, so please forgive me?

If you say so. I can't remember anything except everything went wrong but somehow they had this amazing place in the end! I do remember the ten or so kids all stretched out on the floor with bean bags watching movies and eating popcorn in your living room. The adults on the chairs and sofas. If I remember correctly it was the Figurehead's Friday night movie night. It was the old house in the town of P.

Oh, dear! I just got a new laptop and somehow I told it to post the same note many times. I don't know how to undo it, so please forgive me?
Now I'm the one laughing! And yes you are forgiven. Just leave it alone and maybe Swirt will see it and delated them.

Years ago when I was on a panel for Aspiring Innkeepers I told them that if they had not seen the movie The Money Pit to go rent it. That is how you start. Also said it was a great business to be in as it was satisfying.

I was telling DH today that I woke up and lay in bed this morning thinking about breakfast and I couldn't remember any of the people who were staying with us last night, what they looked like, where they came from, nothing. It's just a blur by this time in the season.

I was telling DH today that I woke up and lay in bed this morning thinking about breakfast and I couldn't remember any of the people who were staying with us last night, what they looked like, where they came from, nothing. It's just a blur by this time in the season..
Highlands John said:
I was telling DH today that I woke up and lay in bed this morning thinking about breakfast and I couldn't remember any of the people who were staying with us last night, what they looked like, where they came from, nothing. It's just a blur by this time in the season.
We had a guest call yesterday who stayed two weeks ago. Had no idea who she was.

I was telling DH today that I woke up and lay in bed this morning thinking about breakfast and I couldn't remember any of the people who were staying with us last night, what they looked like, where they came from, nothing. It's just a blur by this time in the season..
Highlands John said:
We had a guest call yesterday who stayed two weeks ago. Had no idea who she was.
Morticia said:
Highlands John said:
We once had guests pack their car, check out and drive away......come back 20 minutes later because they'd left a phone in the room, DH answered the door and didn't remember them, had no idea who they were.
embaressed_smile.gif

Highlands John said:
Morticia said:
Highlands John said:
We once had guests pack their car, check out and drive away......come back 20 minutes later because they'd left a phone in the room, DH answered the door and didn't remember them, had no idea who they were.
embaressed_smile.gif

I had guests stop by the Welcome Center on the way in so I could give them keys - I was doing something at the Welcome Center. When I got home 3 hours later, they were on the porch talking to Himself and I did not recognize them. (Thought they were the other room due in.)

Highlands John said:
Morticia said:
Highlands John said:
embaressed_smile.gif

I had guests stop by the Welcome Center on the way in so I could give them keys - I was doing something at the Welcome Center. When I got home 3 hours later, they were on the porch talking to Himself and I did not recognize them. (Thought they were the other room due in.)
You all have no idea what a relief it is to hear these stories. I really thought I just had a horrible memory for faces.

Highlands John said:
Morticia said:
Highlands John said:
embaressed_smile.gif

You all have no idea what a relief it is to hear these stories. I really thought I just had a horrible memory for faces.
Last year I checked in a room and promptly forgot…. Luckily I volunteered to stay up half the night waiting for them until one o'clock, when I left the self check in envelope. (something we rarely do.) The next morning they came down for breakfast and my aunt asked when they got in. "We got in at four and Duff checked us in…." Did I feel like a fool!

Same. I am starting to take notes the night before: who, when, GF?, etc. so I don't have to remember and don't stress about not remembering I just have to pad into the kitchen, warm myself some left over coffee in the mw and start in.

Back