A Great Little Find

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
We have a staircase that is very dark, even in the day. Up the staircase is a guest suite, so on that room's keyring we've always had a little flashlight. The liability has always worried me. I just bought these little lights and they're terrific! They just stick on the wall and they are motion detectors. I installed them fairly high on the wall and they light up the entire staircase!
Stair Lights

Very nice - could work in any number of places for me. Adding this to my wish basket!
Viper - why not contact them through their contact us page or call their 1-800 # (that is if it will work in you country). You never know, they may be willing to ship to you.

Thinking of them for my top landing cos well meaning people keep turning the ruddy lights off

Do they go on and off during the day if you go up and down the stairs or are they also light sensitive?

Do they go on and off during the day if you go up and down the stairs or are they also light sensitive?.
Country Girl said:
Do they go on and off during the day if you go up and down the stairs or are they also light sensitive?
They're light sensitive, it's got to be pretty dark for them to turn on.

Very nice - could work in any number of places for me. Adding this to my wish basket!
Viper - why not contact them through their contact us page or call their 1-800 # (that is if it will work in you country). You never know, they may be willing to ship to you..
That number doesn't work internationally.
Mailed them asking for it along with a dozen other things, they don't ship here.
Will have to go to New Delhi sometime for getting such stuff, but that city is too mad/chaotic even for me!

Viper - why not contact them through their contact us page or call their 1-800 # (that is if it will work in you country). You never know, they may be willing to ship to you..
Mailed them asking for it along with a dozen other things, they don't ship here.
Will have to go to New Delhi sometime for getting such stuff, but that city is too mad/chaotic even for me!
Just trying to think of a way round your post problem. Do you have a friend or relative they would deliver to? then they post it on? and you give them the money? seems a bit mad or some kind of PO Box they could deliver to and you could just pop to and pick up sometimes?

Thinking of them for my top landing cos well meaning people keep turning the ruddy lights off.
Thinking of them for my top landing cos well meaning people keep turning the ruddy lights off
We stopped that with a motion sensor light. But shouldn't you have the red push button timer lights in the UK? They don't seem to make them for 120v, but I know they make them for 240v. It's a light switch used for buildings where many people can turn on the light (ie 5 or 6 way) in Europe. You touch the button and the light stays on for a few minutes.

Thinking of them for my top landing cos well meaning people keep turning the ruddy lights off.
We stopped that with a motion sensor light. But shouldn't you have the red push button timer lights in the UK? They don't seem to make them for 120v, but I know they make them for 240v. It's a light switch used for buildings where many people can turn on the light (ie 5 or 6 way) in Europe. You touch the button and the light stays on for a few minutes.
Nope we could have them but I would rather the lights be on im trying to find a way to change the switches to ones you turn on and off with a key but havent' managed to find a compatable model yet.

Just trying to think of a way round your post problem. Do you have a friend or relative they would deliver to? then they post it on? and you give them the money? seems a bit mad or some kind of PO Box they could deliver to and you could just pop to and pick up sometimes?
Our laws are too strict here wrt personal accounts. I cannot send money abroad till the time it's for educational purpose/education funding else i will come under the IT scanner. That also means i cannot send money to anybody's account directly via paypal. I can only use $ for direct merchandise buying. Thank God this restriction doesn't apply to the online game i play (Tibia)
Even a direct wire transfer means lots of form filling.
I was just calculating, on the basis of some posts here that if i was to visit USA, my return ticket price will be more than compensated by the money i will save on direct purchases there!
Samsung Galaxy tab - 600$ in US? .... It's 900 $ here :(
Dell XPS.. 1.5K $? >> Here the same configuration costs 2.2K $.
These lights, 3 for 40$, will be close to 110$ here if not more!
Ironically, that 12 bedroom B&B for sale @ 1.5 mill in UK is CHEAP by Indian Standards.... Its value here would be nothing short of 10 Mill-15 Mill.

Our laws are too strict here wrt personal accounts. I cannot send money abroad till the time it's for educational purpose/education funding else i will come under the IT scanner. That also means i cannot send money to anybody's account directly via paypal. I can only use $ for direct merchandise buying. Thank God this restriction doesn't apply to the online game i play (Tibia)
I was just calculating, on the basis of some posts here that if i was to visit USA, my return ticket price will be more than compensated by the money i will save on direct purchases there!
Ironically, that 12 bedroom B&B for sale @ 1.5 mill in UK is CHEAP by Indian Standards.... Its value here would be nothing short of 10 Mill-15 Mill.
Thats bonkers! glad I don't live where you live cos round here is considered expensive but I suppose it also depends on saleries. Where I am the average salery is about 14,000 and a studio apartmen ie bedroom, kitchen all one room is about 90,000 makes it hard to get on the property ladder. round here its 10,000 for a parking space.

Viper said:
Oh. My. Gosh. That's incredible. I can't even wrap my mind around it!

Viper said:
Oh. My. Gosh. That's incredible. I can't even wrap my mind around it!
We've had relatives from Ireland shop here and ship it all home and it still cost less than buying it there.

Thats bonkers! glad I don't live where you live cos round here is considered expensive but I suppose it also depends on saleries. Where I am the average salery is about 14,000 and a studio apartmen ie bedroom, kitchen all one room is about 90,000 makes it hard to get on the property ladder. round here its 10,000 for a parking space.
GBP 10K for a parking spot? That's about USD$16K. For that money, you can have 60% of a parking spot in the suburbs! It's more like USD$45K to USD$100K for a spot, locally. Depending on the location and if it is indoor or outdoor. I have two parking spots...
Here's a listing for one in a downtown office building... goo.gl/sc4em

GBP 10K for a parking spot? That's about USD$16K. For that money, you can have 60% of a parking spot in the suburbs! It's more like USD$45K to USD$100K for a spot, locally. Depending on the location and if it is indoor or outdoor. I have two parking spots...
Ah but Quibeck is a big city we are considered a small town for example in London I dread to think what parking costs!

Ah but Quibeck is a big city we are considered a small town for example in London I dread to think what parking costs!
mistake

Back