A happy moment for me today

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
For those who say we never share happy moments...allow me my moment
Picture this: super sweet guests, her birthday is NY's Eve. I made reservations at our fave Med restaurant and requested the best waiter who will lavish stellar service upon them! (In nearby city, no not in THIS town, as you already had gathered)
They are here for a few nights, no discounts other than book online and also added a cheese fruit cracker platter. PLUS NY's even package (which is a few things, plus fab brunch and late check out)
So in their room is a large bouquet of fragrant flowers on a side table.
A little portable tray table with cloth over it has sundried tomato basil goat's cheese, amish swiss and two others, three types of fresh fruit and crackers on a vintage gold platter.
Next to that are the vintage crystal etched stemware and the silverplate ice bucket with bottle of bubbly neck wrapped in a white cloth napkin. Then two cloth guest napkins, tiny gold forks crisscrossed over each other, a gold knife and small gold tongs for serving.
The robes are laid out on the bed in an embrace, the bed is turned down, the soft side light is on, blinds closed, one NY's eve (party favor) hat is on his pillow with noise maker below it, a NY's eve tiara is on hers with noisemaker and square gold box of English chocolates below that tied up in a gold bow.
Then for the creme de la creme I put my ipod into the speaker/station and set it to "Unchained Melody" and REPEAT (until they show up!) with remote on nightstand near the bed.
I would not go this far for guests I didn't truly enjoy and wouldn't appreciate it. It took time to do it all, but it will be a beautiful surprise. (PS I took his flannel pj's and hid them in the closet!)

You're an inspiration! I'm so happy you had great guests to lavish your hospitality upon...lucky ducks!

I think we don't talk about the wonderful stuff because we expect it to all be wonderful!
Guests leaving today were wanting to stay but babysitter gave them one night and that was it. That's always nice to hear, 'We wish we could stay, we love it here.'

Back