A Holiday video

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nice but way to long. It's like going to a friends house and watching a slide show of a past family Christmas get together. After 2 min you get bored. You need to add video and talk on it. Tell the customers why you are different then everyone.

Animoto does a much better job of creating a video. You should check it out. Yours is way too long. People will never sit through a 6 min. slide show that doesn't really show much..I am sorry to say I didn't :-(

Thanks for the reminder Emptynest. I just put one together for our Feb BOGO special, yes, I am doing it again. :)
The free video is 30 seconds or you can pay $5 to have unlimited access to all the formats, music and length of the video. You really don't want them much longer than that. (attention span and all of that)
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR FEB IS FOR LOVERS video (with sound)
(Here is a longer video I made two years ago, I forgot about this one since I created the new website and removed it)

Steven, I agree that it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long and there's a lot of repetition of same/similar photos. I confess that I fast forwarded to the end. I probably watched only about a minute of the slide show.
It also needs a little pizazz!
The other folks are absolutely right that the Animoto shows are much more interesting.
Maybe you can give it another shot?

Thanks for the reminder Emptynest. I just put one together for our Feb BOGO special, yes, I am doing it again. :)
The free video is 30 seconds or you can pay $5 to have unlimited access to all the formats, music and length of the video. You really don't want them much longer than that. (attention span and all of that)
(Here is a longer video I made two years ago, I forgot about this one since I created the new website and removed it).
Looks good JB!

(Here is a longer video I made two years ago, I forgot about this one since I created the new website and removed it).
Love the February video! But where is the "mature" couple? Hahaha....
teeth_smile.gif

Very nice! Got me thinking about it now!

Here's one I just did in about 3 minutes.

Good drive beat! I like it EmptyN.

WOW! I felt like I was there in the falling leaves....

Agree with the others: too long... I skipped to the end to see this list.
Another thing - there's a few typos on that last page. I'm a typo nerd, sorry.
"a event" should be "an event"
"one a kind" and "one of kind" should be "one of a kind"
You're on the right track though, just shorten it up. Do you have any pictures of people doing the things you have listed? Might be nice to have a text screen that says, "We can do German Feather Trees" and then a few pictures of that, then mention another followed by pictures. It would keep the viewer interested longer.

Agree with the others: too long... I skipped to the end to see this list.
Another thing - there's a few typos on that last page. I'm a typo nerd, sorry.
"a event" should be "an event"
"one a kind" and "one of kind" should be "one of a kind"
You're on the right track though, just shorten it up. Do you have any pictures of people doing the things you have listed? Might be nice to have a text screen that says, "We can do German Feather Trees" and then a few pictures of that, then mention another followed by pictures. It would keep the viewer interested longer..
Thnx will fix asap!

Thanks for all the input I honestly don't like the Animoto stuff. They are too scrap book like. I do some interior work for clients on the side so the video is dual purpose and the multiple shots reflect how I put a room together from more than one angle. From what I can tell we serve two different breed of clients.

Thanks for all the input I honestly don't like the Animoto stuff. They are too scrap book like. I do some interior work for clients on the side so the video is dual purpose and the multiple shots reflect how I put a room together from more than one angle. From what I can tell we serve two different breed of clients..
Steven James said:
Thanks for all the input I honestly don't like the Animoto stuff. They are too scrap book like. I do some interior work for clients on the side so the video is dual purpose and the multiple shots reflect how I put a room together from more than one angle. From what I can tell we serve two different breed of clients.
Maybe you could have a shorter one for your Inn guests and a longer one for your interior clients. I also build log homes and some other online businesses, but I would never join them together in a video to kill 2 birds with one stone. If I was wanting interior design work from you I would not want to think about a get together to make a German Feather Tree while looking at a design portfolio. Just a suggestion, separate the 2. I really like the idea of the video and has me thinking of doing one as well. So thank you for the idea. If you have an Apple, Imovie has some really cool stuff as well,

I'm actually going back to lurking on here.
I've never encountered so many negative people in my entire life.
goodluck! and remember WWJD.
lflkdsgjfrdklgjoireigjio' said:
goodluck! and remember WWJD
Sorry that you feel that way! I got a beating with what I thought was a really good idea this past week on here! But I value professional opinions on here. Jus because I didn't agree with what they said doesn't mean that I don't respect their opinions. These people on here, most I have never met personally. But I do count them as friends! If you can not take a negative opinion then it probably is best not to post. This is a place for all of us to help each other. If you ask a question or an opinion, you will get an answer from innkeepers all over the world. What you decide to do with that info is up to you. Just remember, that if you ask a business related question you will get a business answer. If you ask a personal question, you will get a personal answer! Best of luck, and thanks for the video idea!

goodluck! and remember WWJD.
I agree with Bob. You asked for opinions and like I said, you will get them. You got them. If you didn't like them, well that is your problem not ours.
We have always said "we tell it like it is here." We pull no punches. Not everyone agrees with everyone else's ideas, comments, etc. But that is what this world is all about..freedom of speech. We offer our ideas and opinions based on our own experiences. You can take them or leave them. Sorry you felt they were negative. I thought they were innkeepers trying to give helpful suggestions and alternatives for you to consider.

Just came back from a B&B convention and they were encouraging videos! Said they need to be 30 seconds or less tho.

Just came back from a B&B convention and they were encouraging videos! Said they need to be 30 seconds or less tho..
That would make sense actually if I were selling a box of cheerios or laundry detergent. When doing retreats that range from $1,500 to $3,500 and book a dozen or so of these events in a year. I guess I will continue to ignore the less than stellar advice one receives on here from the "click" Now back to your scrap booking video and remember to feed a brain it needs food.
Let me add you to the growing ignore list though.

Back