A little humor

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodScout

Reaction score
me-when-an-airbnb-host-says-hey-were-in-the-same-business.jpg

LOL - Grrr
Was in a restaurant the other day and overheard the server ask a guy at the next table how his short term rental was doing. The guy rattled on about just finishing the clean up for new guests coming in. She said 'oh, thought you had a service doing that for you?' To which he said, 'yeah, well they bailed so I am doing it myself'.
When she came by later I was on the phone taking a booking. She said ' Oh, are you doing a rental on Air too?' My reply left me feeling good, 'We have a B&B, the legal kind ya know, with a license and such!'

LOL - Grrr
Was in a restaurant the other day and overheard the server ask a guy at the next table how his short term rental was doing. The guy rattled on about just finishing the clean up for new guests coming in. She said 'oh, thought you had a service doing that for you?' To which he said, 'yeah, well they bailed so I am doing it myself'.
When she came by later I was on the phone taking a booking. She said ' Oh, are you doing a rental on Air too?' My reply left me feeling good, 'We have a B&B, the legal kind ya know, with a license and such!'.
My reply left me feeling good, 'We have a B&B, the legal kind ya know, with a license and such!'
Beautiful answer.

Happy today.
We started a short term rental in a nearby city some time ago. When the city started the licensing process I was the first to apply. I've had the basic business license and have been paying taxes. Now, finally, the city has finalized their short term rental policy, rooms only, no kitchen, UNLESS you were current with license and taxes as of Jan 1, 2019. So my studio with kitchen is grandfathered! Happy dance. My final license was mailed to someone else, and I got hers, but the city will re-mail.

Back