A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone. It feels so good to know that I am not alone. I turned 50 in February. I don't mind getting older (think of the alternative!
confused_smile.gif
) but what frustrates me is that I still FEEL 20! I really do take care not to eat too much and I really do exercise but my body is changing. No matter how many sit-ups I do, how many miles I walk, how little I eat, I am never going to have the body I used to have. And it seemed to happen very fast over the past two years. The fashion industry is not helping. I don't want to wear my daughter's jeans but I don't want "Mom" jeans either. When will the fashion industry realize that the fastest growing segment of the population is the aging baby boomers, most of whom are still very active and vibrant and who THINK young??? Give us comfortable, classy, fashionable clothing with a little (or a lot of) spandex.
I am also one of those people who truly believes that most people (especially women) get better with age. There's nothing more appealing than having a great conversation with someone who's been around the block a bit.

Have you had your thyroid checked? Sometimes there is an underlying issue that isn't just "age" that we all deal with.

Thanks everyone. It feels so good to know that I am not alone. I turned 50 in February. I don't mind getting older (think of the alternative!
confused_smile.gif
) but what frustrates me is that I still FEEL 20! I really do take care not to eat too much and I really do exercise but my body is changing. No matter how many sit-ups I do, how many miles I walk, how little I eat, I am never going to have the body I used to have. And it seemed to happen very fast over the past two years. The fashion industry is not helping. I don't want to wear my daughter's jeans but I don't want "Mom" jeans either. When will the fashion industry realize that the fastest growing segment of the population is the aging baby boomers, most of whom are still very active and vibrant and who THINK young??? Give us comfortable, classy, fashionable clothing with a little (or a lot of) spandex.
I am also one of those people who truly believes that most people (especially women) get better with age. There's nothing more appealing than having a great conversation with someone who's been around the block a bit..
The problem with selling clothing to us 'aging well women' is that we hate shopping for clothing because we don't want to try stuff on in those changing rooms with flourescent lights and convex mirrors. I have the same 'go to' jeans & t's & sweaters that I order every year. And, for me, no spandex, please. I hate clothes that stretch and then pooch.
I was thinking about taking a sailing class and the first thing I wondered was not about the weather, the food, the sleeping arrangements, it was the clothes. Shorts? Ain't happening. A swimsuit? Never.
I do agree it happened fast. Up until a couple of years ago I had this fantasy that with a little exercise I could look like 30 again. Hah! It hit me like a ton of bricks one day that this is it. There's no going back.

I am due to have my annual physical next month and I will mention it to my dr. But it's really not so much a weight thing as a body changing thing. I think.

Heard the perfect line for us last night...
'You don't need a doctor, you need a time machine!'

'You don't need a doctor, you need a time machine!'.
Morticia said:
'You don't need a doctor, you need a time machine!'
Yes! Right back to the 80's with that vintage clothing of yours. Big hair and big shoulder pads always made my hips look smaller!
regular_smile.gif

Back