A neat website incorporating social media

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I wanted to share this website with you:
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
O Tartufo, Bed and Breakfast[/h2]
[/COLOR]
Theo has done a fantastic job incorporating social media into the site. He has a page devoted to it, photos (in visual lightbox), a blog is embedded (what's new), ways to follow them and stay in touch with updates, and the whole website embodies youthfulness and fun, imo.
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]He invites you to "Take a relaxed look around the website and get a feel for the atmosphere. Tips are our What's new page and the Social Media page."[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
a nice Contact and About us page. Nothing is more inviting than smiling innkeepers![/h2]
[/COLOR]

Wow...to me it's all busy, busy, busy. I think my brain just doesn't work fast enough to keep up with all that stuff. If this is indicative of the atmosphere it makes me feel stressed. Maybe just me.

Wow...to me it's all busy, busy, busy. I think my brain just doesn't work fast enough to keep up with all that stuff. If this is indicative of the atmosphere it makes me feel stressed. Maybe just me..
I agree with you. I did not like the site. Too much stuff everywhere.

Here is a web site with too much to read to white and black. Not a quiet relaxing place to be. Maybe for the young people this is what they are after. This also feels AND looks like a Youth Hostel. With 8 rooms this would not come under a Bed And Breakfast.

It attracts the age group they are after and they did a good job doing so. The site itself is not attractive IMHO.
Not a bad idea to have a Social Media page, it would attract those interested (younger croud especially) while others can just poopoo it off.

Maybe we need an age poll on here for this website.
tounge_smile.gif
I find the website very attractive, I find the photos simplistic and tasteful. I find the furnishings simple and elegant. I like it. I think it is well done. 100%. I would stay there.
under 25
25 to 35
35 to 45
45 to 55
55 to 65
and older

Look at their "What's New" page...to me a perfect example of trying to cram too much SEO into everything..."Portugal Bed and Breakfast" appears in the first line of every one. To me it just feels so forced, and I won't read any further.
I do like the idea of the Social Media page JB, I get what you like about it. I do think their photos are very fresh and clean too, but overall I agree it looks like a hostel. They are probably getting their target audience though.
And I am 37, just for your poll
regular_smile.gif
I might stay there, would depend on what else was available. Would DEFINITELY rather be in Portugal right now!!!

Look at their "What's New" page...to me a perfect example of trying to cram too much SEO into everything..."Portugal Bed and Breakfast" appears in the first line of every one. To me it just feels so forced, and I won't read any further.
I do like the idea of the Social Media page JB, I get what you like about it. I do think their photos are very fresh and clean too, but overall I agree it looks like a hostel. They are probably getting their target audience though.
regular_smile.gif
I might stay there, would depend on what else was available. Would DEFINITELY rather be in Portugal right now!!!.
What's new page is a blog, embedded, it is just a snippet of each article in digest form.

I think it is a vast improvement on most other European websites. It's busy but aimed at the younger crowd and I think will appeal. That area of Portugal has been popular with the Dutch for years - I recall when we lived overseas and vacationed there in the late 60's there were a lot of Dutch there. And it's a beach atmosphere so the website matches the laid back atmosphere.
RIki

regular_smile.gif
I might stay there, would depend on what else was available. Would DEFINITELY rather be in Portugal right now!!!.
What's new page is a blog, embedded, it is just a snippet of each article in digest form.
Yes, and every entry has that same language in the post. It's annoying.

Dear innspiring posters,
thank you for reviewing our website. We do read the positive and the less positive you have posted and will try to learn from them. It is our first try at a website and i agree with the posters about the seo thing with the what's new posts. We have been listening to our webdesigner about this, but will try to find our own style. Remember this site is only really online since february this year.
About the hostel thing i can only say: come and have a look! :) I have been to many hostels and this is nothing like it. It's a large quinta with courtyard and when we are full like now, it has a max of 16 people and everyone can find their own little niche or terrace without being cramped in one corner. Look at me, going all defensive about my new business, haha
Anyway, thanks again, i really appreciate it and will try to change the seo thingie, i agree with you guys on that one.
Cheers, Theo
ps i'm 32 :)

Dear innspiring posters,
thank you for reviewing our website. We do read the positive and the less positive you have posted and will try to learn from them. It is our first try at a website and i agree with the posters about the seo thing with the what's new posts. We have been listening to our webdesigner about this, but will try to find our own style. Remember this site is only really online since february this year.
About the hostel thing i can only say: come and have a look! :) I have been to many hostels and this is nothing like it. It's a large quinta with courtyard and when we are full like now, it has a max of 16 people and everyone can find their own little niche or terrace without being cramped in one corner. Look at me, going all defensive about my new business, haha
Anyway, thanks again, i really appreciate it and will try to change the seo thingie, i agree with you guys on that one.
Cheers, Theo
ps i'm 32 :).
Welcome Theo
welcome.gif

Dear innspiring posters,
Cheers, Theo
ps i'm 32 :).
Welcome Theo
welcome.gif

Thanks!!
teeth_smile.gif

Back