A new trend on TA?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I haven't been to T A in a while but today I notice..whenever you read someone's review, a pop up appears for a competitor advertising a better price or similar to what you are looking at. If I was paying whatever it is now to list on TA, I sure wouldn't appreciate that they try to send a potential guest elsewhere!

Maybe it is the paid ones that are popping up. Going paid negates the non-bias for me.

It pops up regardless of paid business listing or not. The hotel near me pays for the business listing, and my business popped up on their page. I do not pay for a business listing. I would expect some balking of this by those who pay. (I would.)

It pops up regardless of paid business listing or not. The hotel near me pays for the business listing, and my business popped up on their page. I do not pay for a business listing. I would expect some balking of this by those who pay. (I would.).
copperhead said:
It pops up regardless of paid business listing or not. The hotel near me pays for the business listing, and my business popped up on their page. I do not pay for a business listing. I would expect some balking of this by those who pay. (I would.)
I tried a few places in my town and it was the hotel listings that popped up all over. Maybe driven by a listing on one of the booking engines?

Which is one of the reasons that I don't have any links to them at all. They aren't interested in my business, but just in how to get someone to book and get a commission. No reviews from TA, no widget, nothing. They don't have my best intentions... they have theirs.

It pops up regardless of paid business listing or not. The hotel near me pays for the business listing, and my business popped up on their page. I do not pay for a business listing. I would expect some balking of this by those who pay. (I would.).
copperhead said:
I tried a few places in my town and it was the hotel listings that popped up all over. Maybe driven by a listing on one of the booking engines?
Could very well be booking engine related.. Harder for me to rule on that since every one of the places around be use a booking engine.

I just saw this too. We pay and it was a competitor. They are paid but the ad that came up on theirs was a non paid listing. Gotta love TA.....

Eric, you have the right idea. The site is so confusing. I was looking at with a friend and he thought he could book through the site which is what it looks like. So anyone on their is not able to book us as we look full. So they assume we are full and go somewhere else. Good for TA and horrible for us. The B& B .com site at least allows them to get to us and book a room. As well as their reviews show up on Google places. Just irritated as heck that I have contributed that mess of a site that does nothing for us. This site sent as many visitors as TA did last month.

TA have become a business machine. They are not turned toward their visitors anymore (even less owners!).
They only care about profit and properties and opinions are just they raw material. Look how many prominent links redirect visitors to commission based booking websites!
They do not hesitate to mislead their visitors on their websites. Sleeping in the same bed as Expedia regarding lack of owner's respect in purchasing our business names as adwords.
Sharks.

A low credit score indicates you're a poor credit risk to potential lenders, and can limit the amount of credit they extend to you, result in higher interest rates or mean you're denied credit altogether. -ReputationAdvocate.com

Back