A newbe to The FORCE (aka) Trip Advisor

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Reaction score
Hello,
this is my first time doing this but I HATE TA as well,I agree with all the past posts,
they are unfair and you can not deal with them.I have clients who have totally lied and they post it.
So why cant we post lies??
ok,,all done,,
thanks

the trouble is too many people just rant about trip adviser which simply makes us hospitality businesses sound crazy and that we can't take any kind of criticism. So the way to deal with it is to be more insiduious and tell the customer how it is so easy to manipulate, unpoliced etc work within the system to bring it down and always be aware of how things make us look from the outside. This is one of my biggest problems with 3 in a bed and so on the people that go on it are loonys in the main and so make the rest of us look bad.

Tim- Not sure if you are an older sibling, but if you are do you remember how whenever your younger sibs did something wrong and you got blamed for it your parents always told you you were older so you should know better? (All the while younger sib gloating in the corner?)
Well, TA is like that, too. We're 'older,' we're management. We have to take the high road.

Okay someone commented on those TA listings where there are hot and cold reviews, "Disgusting dirty" then the next "Spotless and lovely" mostly hotels seem to attract this sort of reviewing.
I went to look at one B&B I have seen in person, and sure enough someone said how horrible it was and actually was completely accurate. Then the next one, what a shocker how clean, wonderful everything is.
If you saw that, 8 all high marks and 5 "Run away fast!" what would you do? Stay there?
So all that to say, there actually are some ratty inns out there who need to be inspected and approved!
I am not saying anyone on this thread has these issues, just sharing this fact. On the same token I had two nutjobs last year, they did not review, one did not stay after I called the police they left. So they have every right to review as well, thankfully they didn't.

Hello Tim, why don't you post on the other threads? Just wondering.
There is a section called ONLINE REVIEWS where this would fit a bit better. You can move it after the fact, fyi.
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]TripAdvisor statement following UK advertising watchdog complaint [/COLOR]http://bit.ly/yXdZQO

Okay someone commented on those TA listings where there are hot and cold reviews, "Disgusting dirty" then the next "Spotless and lovely" mostly hotels seem to attract this sort of reviewing.
I went to look at one B&B I have seen in person, and sure enough someone said how horrible it was and actually was completely accurate. Then the next one, what a shocker how clean, wonderful everything is.
If you saw that, 8 all high marks and 5 "Run away fast!" what would you do? Stay there?
So all that to say, there actually are some ratty inns out there who need to be inspected and approved!
I am not saying anyone on this thread has these issues, just sharing this fact. On the same token I had two nutjobs last year, they did not review, one did not stay after I called the police they left. So they have every right to review as well, thankfully they didn't..
Thanks or the info,,i just got caught up in the talk about TA

You know sometimes a room can be "spotless" one week and "dirty" the next, so seeing these conflicting reviews does not always mean it's not true. I don't doubt there are fake reviews out there but most people are inherently honest about what their perceptions are and few will take the time to write a blatant out and out lie. Some Inns or hotels may have "enemies" or "bad competition" but I think most "know" where those bad or negative reviews come from

You know sometimes a room can be "spotless" one week and "dirty" the next, so seeing these conflicting reviews does not always mean it's not true. I don't doubt there are fake reviews out there but most people are inherently honest about what their perceptions are and few will take the time to write a blatant out and out lie. Some Inns or hotels may have "enemies" or "bad competition" but I think most "know" where those bad or negative reviews come from.
The reviews mentioned on here were wildly swinging between 'filthy dump' and 'pristine'.
Dump in a manner that doesn't become that way because someone forgot to dust for a few days. Dump as in a lifelong way of living.
Some people just shouldn't be allowing the public into their homes. The way they live is probably ok for them, but not for paying customers.
I know you never allowed a guest to stay in a room that wasn't up to your standards. Why cut some slack for others who are not doing their jobs properly? We're all tarred with the same brush when things are bad at one B&B.
We've all had guests tell us, 'We decided to try one more B&B to see if they're all like the awful place we stayed 5 years ago.' You KNOW those people went to crummy hotels in those 5 years but they were adamant they wouldn't go to a B&B because of one bad experience.

You know sometimes a room can be "spotless" one week and "dirty" the next, so seeing these conflicting reviews does not always mean it's not true. I don't doubt there are fake reviews out there but most people are inherently honest about what their perceptions are and few will take the time to write a blatant out and out lie. Some Inns or hotels may have "enemies" or "bad competition" but I think most "know" where those bad or negative reviews come from.
The reviews mentioned on here were wildly swinging between 'filthy dump' and 'pristine'.
Dump in a manner that doesn't become that way because someone forgot to dust for a few days. Dump as in a lifelong way of living.
Some people just shouldn't be allowing the public into their homes. The way they live is probably ok for them, but not for paying customers.
I know you never allowed a guest to stay in a room that wasn't up to your standards. Why cut some slack for others who are not doing their jobs properly? We're all tarred with the same brush when things are bad at one B&B.
We've all had guests tell us, 'We decided to try one more B&B to see if they're all like the awful place we stayed 5 years ago.' You KNOW those people went to crummy hotels in those 5 years but they were adamant they wouldn't go to a B&B because of one bad experience.
Oh like the guests who told me about the hoarder innkeepers. They didn't go in or peek behind the innkeeper quarters doors, but when it swung open LOOK OUT! They were appauled. And no it wasn't a clean out or project, they had piles of newspapers and magazines and rubbish. But that was not on the inn side, they said, but it still bothered them. No they didn't write a review. Just commenting on guests saying "We're giving B&B's ONE MORE CHANCE!"

Oh like the guests who told me about the hoarder innkeepers. They didn't go in or peek behind the innkeeper quarters doors, but when it swung open LOOK OUT! They were appauled. And no it wasn't a clean out or project, they had piles of newspapers and magazines and rubbish. But that was not on the inn side, they said, but it still bothered them. No they didn't write a review. Just commenting on guests saying "We're giving B&B's ONE MORE CHANCE!"
On the flip side are the guests who every single time they stay here tell me and every guest at breakfast about the truly gourmet, fantastic breakfast they had 10 years ago somewhere else. How the innkeeper tracked every guest's meals so you never got the same thing twice. There are times I want to serve her the same thing everytime she comes. ;-)

Back