A quick hello

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pomegranate

Reaction score
I am very new to this site (about 17 minutes new)! And glad to have have found you. This new role for me is a re-introduction into the Inn business. I have not done it for many years, but an enjoying the "inns and outs" of Innkeeping again. I am thrilled to have found a forum to vent, and share. I look forward to learning a lot and sharing a lot from my many years in the hospitality field in one aspect or another. I can see I have a lot of reading to do!

Welcome!
Beautiful place. We look forward to hearing more from you.
regular_smile.gif

welcome. you have quite a website!
and i have never seen comforters rolled like that at the ends of the beds. pretty!

welcome.gif

Welcome. Your place is beautiful!!! Are you the owner or since you said you just got back into innkeeping...are you the innkeeper? OR both? :)
Join in whenever you feel the urge.

welcome.gif

Howdy neighbor! I'm a few miles up the road. Congrats on getting back into innkeeping!

What a lovely inn. Welcome. You said re-introduction. Where were you located before?

welcome.gif
Not to jump on everyone's band wagon, but your Inn is beautiful! How do you like living in Portland?

:welcome:
(And to any lurkers out there who don't post... we're glad you're here, too.)
=)
Kk.

What a wonderful place you have there. Stunning! I love the presentation of your bed linens & may try some of that as I go to matelasse covers in all our rooms with comforters at the end.
welcome.gif
I hope to hear more from you and how you have integrated the art with the inn.

Wow. That's one great-looking inn you have there. Gorgeous! Is it decorated by an interior designer?
8 rooms must keep really you busy.

Wow! I'm a semi-lurker who posts only occasionally (when I do, I get the best, most thoughtful responses too, so thanks!). Just had to say that I agree, not only is the inn obviously beautiful, but your website shows it off very well. Since you're re-entering innkeeping, did you purchase this inn recently? If so, was it turnkey or did you do all this setup yourself? As tle041 asks, did you have the help of an interior decorator? I like the way you describe the add-ons as well. Great job all the way around.

Welcome to the forum!!! (and to those who are also new that I haven't welcomed before!!)

Wow! What a great welcome! Thanks everyone..and now for some answers...
I was in innkeeper in midcoast Maine (many) years ago, loved it then as I do now.
I am (just) just the innkeeper of both this lovely Inn a sister Inn with six rooms at the end of the same block.
The decor is a compilation of the previous and current owners, both of whom are incredibly gifted people and avid art collectors.
I am still giggling at the comments on the comforter "rolls". I have been on and off again in my relationship with them. The roll has definitely grown on me however!
I do like living in Portland. I have been so busy since getting here that I have had little time to enjoy all that the town has to offer. I look forward to getting more active. I will feel like I have started getting into the town when I can go on my First Friday Art Walk! (For those of you not from this area...Portland hosts an art walk on the first Friday of every month. All galleries that participate, open their doors and offer appetizers or wine and show off their new collections.)

Wow! What a great welcome! Thanks everyone..and now for some answers...
I was in innkeeper in midcoast Maine (many) years ago, loved it then as I do now.
I am (just) just the innkeeper of both this lovely Inn a sister Inn with six rooms at the end of the same block.
The decor is a compilation of the previous and current owners, both of whom are incredibly gifted people and avid art collectors.
I am still giggling at the comments on the comforter "rolls". I have been on and off again in my relationship with them. The roll has definitely grown on me however!
I do like living in Portland. I have been so busy since getting here that I have had little time to enjoy all that the town has to offer. I look forward to getting more active. I will feel like I have started getting into the town when I can go on my First Friday Art Walk! (For those of you not from this area...Portland hosts an art walk on the first Friday of every month. All galleries that participate, open their doors and offer appetizers or wine and show off their new collections.).
Welcome, again. Well, (just) innkeepers work hard too.
regular_smile.gif

We have "gallery strolls" in our town where the various galleries will host an open house. Usually about 8 on the tour. But it is only a couple of times a year. That's a super idea to host that monthly...I don't think our town is there yet.
Both inns are lovely and I'm glad that you found this forum!

Back