A really creative marketing idea

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
this is sad or funny or bizarre or amazingly creative marketing and/or a mix of many things ....
[h1]Only in Japan, Real Men Go to a Hotel With Virtual Girlfriends [/h1]ATAMI, Japan—This resort town, once popular with honeymooners, is turning to a new breed of romance seekers—virtual sweethearts. Since the marriage rate among Japan's shrinking population is falling and with many of the country's remaining lovebirds heading for Hawaii or Australia's Gold Coast, Atami had to do something. It is trying to attract single men—and their handheld devices.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703632304575451414209658940.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
watch the video

A mix of many things, for certain. I think it's more sad than anything. No, weird. No, wait...a little scary. Yeah...it brings about some odd emotions!

Scary and weird that a MAN would be satisfied to be dating a teen-aged cartoon! In addition to being not physically there - a teen? What kind of conversation could a MAN have with a teen? and since this is just on a computer, how can it be a real conversation?

How would you handle a teen-age cartoon pita?
whattha.gif

I'll bet in the next version of the software, she'll be nagging him to pick up his socks off the floor.

I run with whatever floats your boat and I bet they are quiet and twice as much money spent to make them happy (ie pay 2 people rate to maintain the illusion) I wouldn't object to it.

Back