A truly dorky thing that only an innkeeper could appreciate!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Something I've learned over the past 5 holiday seasons here and that I realized this week as we de-decorated. We always have a big bowl of Hershey's Kisses out in the parlor (the classic Kisses with silver wrapper). For Christmas I like to buy the red, green and silver mixed bags of Kisses to set out on my cute Santa candy dish.
The neat thing, when Christmas is over and you have some left over red and green kisses (I know, the restraint I show to actually HAVE leftovers!) you can keep the red wrapped ones out with the silver through Valentine's Day, then after that is over put the green ones out with the silver ones through St. Patty's Day. It always seems to work out that the specially colored ones get eaten just as "their" holiday passes.
What can I say, I'm looking for little things for which to be grateful!
teeth_smile.gif

I bow down to you- this is a fantabulous idea and definitely one I would do but I have no restraint when it comes to chocolate! Those suckers are long gone in my house!

Mind you it's in the GUESTS' area, so it's not really a temptation!

I would eat them all myself, along with the green and red M&M's, but I truly admire your creativity. It's a great idea.

I would have eaten them too...you are one controlled human being...he he he

I am the opposite, chocolate goes off here (white residue) before it gets eaten. For those say, hershey's kisses they get tossed into brownies.
But, remember y'all a big day for innkeepers is coming up, the day after Valentine's day when you can buy chocolate at 50-75% at the grocery store or CVS/Walgreens!

This is EXACTLY what we do...IF there's leftovers. Usually none to be found. We keep the kisses in a little bowl in each room all year round.

Over the years, I've learned to suck the chocolate through the plastic bags and through the foil. It saves time.
emotion-30.gif

Back