A Very Senisible Article about BBs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5. Online bb reviews are trustworthy. Not really. Reports are often inaccurate and outdated. Even attempts to quantify bb activity in a more scientific way often fall short.
Right! Remember my people who were certain they had been bitten either here or their next stop? They were bitten by chiggers!!! Being from Canada, they never heard of chiggers and they were wintering in Florida with pasture for the horses and woods to walk through.

I wish guests would read this stuff and stop throwing their dirty suitcases on the bed. I don't want the bugs they picked up elsewhere left her when they depart!
A few years back we had a walk-in sniff the air and ask, 'Do you have bbs?' DH charmingly turned to her and said, 'Not unless you brought them with you.'

The article implies, to the casual reader, that bbs can only be picked up from beds. That's a bit misleading, though of course beds are where most of the little devils are hiding.

5. Online bb reviews are trustworthy. Not really. Reports are often inaccurate and outdated. Even attempts to quantify bb activity in a more scientific way often fall short.
Right! Remember my people who were certain they had been bitten either here or their next stop? They were bitten by chiggers!!! Being from Canada, they never heard of chiggers and they were wintering in Florida with pasture for the horses and woods to walk through..
Friends had a similar experience. People who stayed in their holiday let wrote an online review about how they'd been bitten by bbs in their property, turned out to be tick bites. Similar to chiggers, ticks hide in the woods and ferns around here and attach to passing animals (people included).

Right! Remember my people who were certain they had been bitten either here or their next stop? They were bitten by chiggers!!! Being from Canada, they never heard of chiggers and they were wintering in Florida with pasture for the horses and woods to walk through..
Friends had a similar experience. People who stayed in their holiday let wrote an online review about how they'd been bitten by bbs in their property, turned out to be tick bites. Similar to chiggers, ticks hide in the woods and ferns around here and attach to passing animals (people included).
Highlands John said:
Similar to chiggers, ticks hide in the woods and ferns around here and attach to passing animals (people included).
Never dreamed Scotland had ticks and chiggers! You'd be right at home in the woods of Arkansas (except for the summer heat...except this year we're having a high of 85, and rain, almost every day...never seen such a cool, wet summer here).

Highlands John said:
Similar to chiggers, ticks hide in the woods and ferns around here and attach to passing animals (people included).
Never dreamed Scotland had ticks and chiggers! You'd be right at home in the woods of Arkansas (except for the summer heat...except this year we're having a high of 85, and rain, almost every day...never seen such a cool, wet summer here).
Arkansawyer said:
Highlands John said:
No chiggers here, but ticks can be a problem, they somwtimes carry limes disease which can be quite nasty.

Back