A Video B&B Directory

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innkeep

Reaction score
The following showed up in my inbox today. The directory doesn't show up on the first several pages of google, so I assume it's new. It looks like the directory's website now is set up more for innkeepers to take advantage of their services. Any thoughts from anybody?
[tr]
[COLOR= #333333]Buy Your Video and get 18 months FREE![/COLOR]​
[/td][/tr][/table][tr]We recently attended the PAII conference and trade show in Austin TX. It was loads of fun for me to see old friends and for my business partner Jason to make new Innkeeper friends.

Take away marketing points from a number of workshops we attended:
  • Businesses who are flourishing in these tough economic times are those who remain committed to robust marketing.
  • All the marketing experts indicated, time and again, that VIDEO is the newest most important element to a successful website.
  • Google has made the “presence of VIDEO” paramount in its search criteria, making it vital to your optimization.
  • Photographers recognized our method of creating VIDEO from already existing high quality images as the most cost effective and seamless method.
  • It’s important for your website to be listed on multiple website directories for maximum search engine optimization.
  • Some reported paying thousands of dollars for VIDEO!! Please don’t!

Maintain your competitive marketing edge with an easily produced video based on your already existing photos, appropriate music and copy from your website.

Go to http://www.ABBINNS.com to see video examples!

For just $349 we will:
· Create the video based on your photography and approved script
· Provide the video file to you for you to post anywhere you want
· Provide a profile of your Inn on our site for 18 months
· Post your video on our site
· Provide a link file for you to use as needed
· Post your video on our facebook page
· Post your video on our utube page
· Remind you to update your video
·
Your video and 18 month listing for just $349

Unlike some video products, these videos can be easily and affordably updated even after final delivery. Change visuals as your Inn changes. Make seasonal changes to drive seasonal business! Please don’t delay! Get production of your custom video started now.

Act now and SAVE!http://t.ymlp175.com/jeapamuwaoaebmyalamjbj/click.php
Your friends in Innkeeping!
Michael Pinkston, owner
The American Bed & Breakfast Inns Family

[/td][/tr][/table][tr][tr]
[COLOR= #ffffff]American Bed & Breakfast Inns,[/COLOR] [COLOR= #ffffff]www.abbinns.com[/COLOR]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Here are my thoughts.
I think adding a video to a B&B website is a terrific idea. In fact, I've written about the benefits of doing so more than once.
And I think $349 sounds like a good rate for making a video product on its own, even without the benefits of making seasonal changes and posting it online in a separate directory.
That's the good part.
I checked out the featured video on their site and it was well-edited with good voice over as well. But it did not include any real video footage and nothing about the innkeepers themselves.
I think videos should be used when video is the best media for showing off an inn. I think it should include the innkeeper talking and, if at all possible, should include the innkeeper not only talking about the inn but also giving a mini-concierge overview of the area.
The nice voice over of the featured video was, IMHO, maybe a little too slick. Didn't give the homey feeling of a B&B and didn't give even a hint of the personality of the innkeeper.
So, if it were me, I'd look for a videographer to make a real video - one that included moving footage - or put together one of my own.
That said, at $349, it's certainly not a bad deal. Just not the best use of the tool itself.

Here are my thoughts.
I think adding a video to a B&B website is a terrific idea. In fact, I've written about the benefits of doing so more than once.
And I think $349 sounds like a good rate for making a video product on its own, even without the benefits of making seasonal changes and posting it online in a separate directory.
That's the good part.
I checked out the featured video on their site and it was well-edited with good voice over as well. But it did not include any real video footage and nothing about the innkeepers themselves.
I think videos should be used when video is the best media for showing off an inn. I think it should include the innkeeper talking and, if at all possible, should include the innkeeper not only talking about the inn but also giving a mini-concierge overview of the area.
The nice voice over of the featured video was, IMHO, maybe a little too slick. Didn't give the homey feeling of a B&B and didn't give even a hint of the personality of the innkeeper.
So, if it were me, I'd look for a videographer to make a real video - one that included moving footage - or put together one of my own.
That said, at $349, it's certainly not a bad deal. Just not the best use of the tool itself..
We have some great video photograhters here and they charge $100/hr to shoot and $30/hr to edit. Looks like I could do better with them. I could do my whole inn in an hour.
Riki

I thought innvideo had the market cornered..guess someone else is trying now. Here is a sample of one of theirs

What if the innkeepers have whiny voices? Or sound like they breathed helium? :)
We have done the narration each year for a cantata - simply put we don't have southern accents and everyone else does. !! Who can stand the sound of their own voice.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

In 2002 my friend made a video for me - for the love of a friend. She stayed here and we went to each B & B in my region and she took a roll of film at each inn and from those photos put together a video. Each inn got their photos with a release for them to use the photos however they wanted. The master tape was one of the things she put into the basket I made for her with instructions for her sons to make sure was given to me when she died in 2008.
It was nice and I used it in talks to organizations about B & Bs for a couple years. (Only 2 of those inns still have original owners and several have closed.) Today, I would go with a video production (moving variety) because I do not think today's public would accept this - That concept is like the picture show many already have on their web sites. It was great in 2002 but IMO does not satisfy the techies of 2010.

What if the innkeepers have whiny voices? Or sound like they breathed helium? :)
We have done the narration each year for a cantata - simply put we don't have southern accents and everyone else does. !! Who can stand the sound of their own voice.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
I'm not opposed to voiceovers altogether. If someone is not comfortable doing their own talking, by all means get a stand-in.
But I still think the voice that comes through should be the voice of the innkeeper.

I thought innvideo had the market cornered..guess someone else is trying now. Here is a sample of one of theirs.
I think innvideo does actually still have the market cornered on this. And I think they do a terrific job with their videos, too.
But we're going to see lots of folks trying to enter this market.
Folks should just think about what they want a video to do - and what won't be effective - before they jump on the first one that comes along.
IMHO.

Great promo if you can not do it your self.(it has been on the list for a while). I have watched a few of the youtube vids, and almost are all photos that have been rendered as a motion picture. Fairly basic to do if you have a bit of knowledge, but if not, it might be worth the money as a one shot deal to post on your own site rather than link to another. It certainly will not hurt in any promo if done right.
BBBBoB

I thought innvideo had the market cornered..guess someone else is trying now. Here is a sample of one of theirs.
I think innvideo does actually still have the market cornered on this. And I think they do a terrific job with their videos, too.
Folks should just think about what they want a video to do - and what won't be effective - before they jump on the first one that comes along.
IMHO.
Innkeeper To Go said:
IMHO.
Do you remember those panoramic view realty videos they used to make? I see those are no longer "it" thankfully, they were hideous and made you dizzy. I forgot what they were called, but they were the latest greatest at the time.

IMHO.
Innkeeper To Go said:
IMHO.
Do you remember those panoramic view realty videos they used to make? I see those are no longer "it" thankfully, they were hideous and made you dizzy. I forgot what they were called, but they were the latest greatest at the time.
Those always made me so dizzy that I could never watch the whole thing. I still see them from time to time on some older sites. But I am SOOOO glad folks are not doing those anymore!

Back