A Wedding in the Family!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
my eldest son and his girlfriend are engaged. i just love her! they want june 2011. i reminded them that june is likely the most expensive. but ... she wants a june wedding. ok. about 75 people they think.
now ... down to business.
they want to have their wedding in massachusetts north of boston at an oceanfront location for pictures. i offered to help them search for what they are looking for. they are paying for it themselves. finding a place ... well, this is really hard! i can find lots of places south of boston but that would be difficult for her mom. i've been looking at museums and golf courses and restaurants and such for a couple hours. i have to say, some websites are just awful. they really bite! they don't make it easy at all with great pictures. in fact, a lot of their pictures are tiny and just ... blah. i have no idea why!!
and i can't help but look at the lovely b&b's and think p.l.e.a.s.e. we promise to be good and we won't be any trouble ... haha
if you happen to know of a place, hear of a place, see a place ... let me know. thanks.

I can not offer any help with the location - but wanted to say congratulations, planning is fun!

Suggestion: have the wedding at a chapel or church. Photos can be done any place - before or afterthe ceremony. Meanwhile, I will put out feelers to my collection of people for a location. Congrats on gaining a daughter in June 2011.
Added: sent e-mail to a friend whose partner is from Mass.

Congratulations! How about Singing Beach in Manchester-by-the Sea or Gloucester or Newburyport?

Not a place but a day. It looks like more people are selecting either Friday or Sunday to avoid the huge price tag on Saturday weddings.
Oh yeah, congrats!

Suggestion: have the wedding at a chapel or church. Photos can be done any place - before or afterthe ceremony. Meanwhile, I will put out feelers to my collection of people for a location. Congrats on gaining a daughter in June 2011.
Added: sent e-mail to a friend whose partner is from Mass..
I need to clarify. I'm just helping find a reception place. I don't know what they are thinking of in terms of ceremony.
And Cape Cod is great ... loaded with ocean vistas but it's south of Boston and would be hard for her mom. If i find an amazing place and price that is the Cape or south of Boston, I'm still going to mention it to them, but I really have to concentrate on the north shore because that's what they are concentrating on.
I started wondering if there might be a house they could rent. Up in Maine where I was, there were houses rented for weddings all the time that had ocean views.

Added: sent e-mail to a friend whose partner is from Mass..
I need to clarify. I'm just helping find a reception place. I don't know what they are thinking of in terms of ceremony.
And Cape Cod is great ... loaded with ocean vistas but it's south of Boston and would be hard for her mom. If i find an amazing place and price that is the Cape or south of Boston, I'm still going to mention it to them, but I really have to concentrate on the north shore because that's what they are concentrating on.
I started wondering if there might be a house they could rent. Up in Maine where I was, there were houses rented for weddings all the time that had ocean views.

Back