About our inn June 14, 2012

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Franklin County bed and breakfast innkeepers enjoy dishing out hospitality
http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/310156 << (Cut n paste this link)
At least she picked up my sense of humor in some of what I said, you know how that goes…they could take it the wrong way! She gave it a positive spin.
The article was supposed to be about historic homes for sale in our town and one was (a mansion and former law office of General Jubal A Early), and the owner refused to allow any photographs (the photog told me) so fair enough, they took her out of the article, which works for us, it is just about us now.

CONGRATS! Yeah too bad they didn't add your link. Oh well. But it was a good article. Interesting they incorporated Becky into the story. How did they find her??

nice!
can you respond to the article online as in 'thanks for visiting us'... etc and then give your url?
if you quote that article and give the link on your blog and also 'as mentioned in' on your website and all over ... will it redirect to you in searches that way? i have no tech terms, but you know what i mean.

Excellent!
cheers.gif

Great article and I love the term "caretakers"! That is what we are for these historic homes.
Hopefully, a prospective B&B buyer(s) will see this article and check out your beautiful inn!

Thanks everyone. I already got a comment from a guest who is coming here in a week, wait, no this sat and sun, on our FB page. Oh well, it was a give and take to share the for sale info.
I got the print edition, I am on the cover, a small photo of me on the porch and then those pix are larger, but no guests in the article. So no need to mail them copies now...they didn't know why Roanoke Times was taking the images, they were just told "About the inn"
Yeah I think Becky's info was a stretch, 2 1/2 years...hm, I WISH!

Thanks everyone. I already got a comment from a guest who is coming here in a week, wait, no this sat and sun, on our FB page. Oh well, it was a give and take to share the for sale info.
I got the print edition, I am on the cover, a small photo of me on the porch and then those pix are larger, but no guests in the article. So no need to mail them copies now...they didn't know why Roanoke Times was taking the images, they were just told "About the inn"
Yeah I think Becky's info was a stretch, 2 1/2 years...hm, I WISH!.
What a great article !!! Well said. Congratulations.

Back