Absence of Proof is Not Proof of Absence scenarios

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We recycle. We've set out special bins by the cottages and most guest have been very good about putting recyclable material into them. Since we built new, our home and the guest cottages are as energy efficient as we could make them.
Our biggest waste is water. We're on a well, but we'd still like to save watering so much. We're going to have an automatic sprinkler and drip irrigation system put in this fall. This should make the process more efficient and use less water by watering everything early in the morning before the sun comes out to bake the ground..
We looked at a property in TX that had a sprinkler system that used the gray water from the house for lawn irrigation. It was cleverly designed with the well & septic system.

We recycle. We've set out special bins by the cottages and most guest have been very good about putting recyclable material into them. Since we built new, our home and the guest cottages are as energy efficient as we could make them.
Our biggest waste is water. We're on a well, but we'd still like to save watering so much. We're going to have an automatic sprinkler and drip irrigation system put in this fall. This should make the process more efficient and use less water by watering everything early in the morning before the sun comes out to bake the ground..
We looked at a property in TX that had a sprinkler system that used the gray water from the house for lawn irrigation. It was cleverly designed with the well & septic system.
Samster said:
I just saw something like that on 'Life with Ed'.

Samster said:
Bree said:
Samster said:
I have 5 acres to water. It's just me and DW most of the time.....not enough gray water.

Samster said:
Bree said:
Samster said:
I have 5 acres to water. It's just me and DW most of the time.....not enough gray water.
This was 8 acres and part of it was a grove of pecan trees. The lawn surrounding the 2 houses was watered and the rest was native landscaping. It was very attractive, just not the right location for a B&B.

Back