Accepting guests' mail and packages

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
Is this something you do? I'm talking about valid guests and not the scam artists who make reservations and then have items shipped that they want forwarded.
I haven't had any problems with this, so we have accepted shipments of tires, clothing and the like. We do have an outside storage area so the tires weren't in the house!

Tickets and flowers.... why would someone send an order of tires to a B&B?

Tires?
I have accepted boxesand overnight mail for business travelers, or for couples buying/selling homes, etc. Nothing special except to make sure guest pre-notifies us of this things. I do tell guests that if they have departed by the time a package arrives that package will be rejected.

We accept packages for guests because half the time if they send them to the confererence center opposite it is so vast they loose it so if they are sent to us I then ring them to say they have arrived and then hand them over on check in. Saves the customer a ton of hassel and costs nothing it is usually boxes of leiflets and that sort of thing though we have accepted a whole stand (in boxes) before now on the condition it went out the same day. we don't take long stay guests so wouldn't accept regular post.

Funny that we rarely get any flower deliveries now. And in fact have not had many flowers ordered as an add-on of late either.

Back