Accommodating extreme guest needs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My comment would be that "I think my place would not be suitable."

YES, king sized beds NEVER have enough support down the middle.
Year one had a couple bust the bed and call from their room at 2am. They were so embarrassed, and you all know "the bucket story" from there.
Our own bed has added supports underneath the center from the day we bought it as it sags - even with a new mattress - it is a heavy duty log bed made in Idaho BUT the supports are not strong, just the rest is strong, and it cannot handle the weight of the mattress, let alone a couple. When our 12 lb cat jumps on it IT MAKES NOISE!!!.
Joey Bloggs said:
Use bedlegs. They stop the creaking, too.
Innkeeper To Go said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Use bedlegs. They stop the creaking, too.
What are bed legs?
It creaks down the middle and that is only about 12 inches off the ground, so we have wood T's under there. Can you explain bed legs?
Joey Bloggs said:
What are bed legs?
It creaks down the middle and that is only about 12 inches off the ground, so we have wood T's under there. Can you explain bed legs?
Yes, they're literally legs that attach to the box springs so instead of putting the box springs on a frame, it supports itself. They attach to the springs themselves.
They're very inexpensive, come in several adjustable heights and you use as many as you need. I like them because they eliminate the creeking between the frame and the springs and because you just lift the whole thing when you move it. No possibility of fingers getting caught in that gap. All around better than frames and only take a few minutes to attach.
But if the problem is your pillow top, they won't help. That's why I hate pillowtops that are attached. They always sink long before the mattress itself goes bad. Love those new removable/zippable pillowtops for that very reason.
Still, if your bed has been doing this from the very beginning, it might be worth a try.

Back