Acronyms

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonatainn

Reaction score
Ok...I am confused.
As most of you know, I am new to the forum...but I have been reading it for quite a while...I am confused by a new acronyms being thrown around...can someone throw me a paddle?
The main ones for me are
DH
DW
and SF
I only conclusions I have drawn is DH stands for "Da husband," and DW "Da wife?" but I am pretty sure I'm wrong.
is SF => Sole Female?
Confused!

Isn't it dear husband and dear wife? I am not sure who thought up those. I think they are redicoulous. Just call them the wife or the husband. I've never seen SF.

We just covered this recently. Look under Chat, Vent, Laugh, Cry in the Forum section. There you will find the Innspiring Glossary which outlines all of the abbreviated terms. Some are pretty funny.

Ah! Thank you, I just read the glossary...now I am up to date and ready to go crazy with acronyms :p

SF is a new one that hasn't made it in there yet. I believe it is sole female proprietor.

Isn't it dear husband and dear wife? I am not sure who thought up those. I think they are redicoulous. Just call them the wife or the husband. I've never seen SF..
oceans said:
Isn't it dear husband and dear wife? I am not sure who thought up those. I think they are redicoulous. Just call them the wife or the husband. I've never seen SF.
SF = Single/Sole Female

MPWWHWFI= Male proprietor who wishes he was fishing instead.
smiley-gen137.gif

FIWLLLC - female innkeeper who loves loves loves chocolate!
edited to say: or cookies

FIWHPITAS - female innkeeper who hates PITAs. The Glossary just got a little longer.

Little Blue said:
Here's my favorite = SGDS or "Sudden Granny Death Syndrome".
Used alot at the hotel I managed to describe those guests who try cancelling at the last minute because their "grandma passed away today". I always thought it a bit odd that grandmothers (never grandfathers) only died at the last minute on the weekends.
wink_smile.gif
Yeah tell me about it. We get that so often, its a wonder there is anyone left alive. It used to be funny, but now its just a bore.

Used alot at the hotel I managed to describe those guests who try cancelling at the last minute because their "grandma passed away today". I always thought it a bit odd that grandmothers (never grandfathers) only died at the last minute and only on the rainy weekends.
wink_smile.gif

Little Blue said:
Used alot at the hotel I managed to describe those guests who try cancelling at the last minute because their "grandma passed away today". I always thought it a bit odd that grandmothers (never grandfathers) only died at the last minute on the weekends.
wink_smile.gif
Yeah tell me about it. We get that so often, its a wonder there is anyone left alive. It used to be funny, but now its just a bore..
The Farmers Daughter said:
Little Blue said:
wink_smile.gif
Yeah tell me about it. We get that so often, its a wonder there is anyone left alive. It used to be funny, but now its just a bore.
That's when you break out TFBISTBY = Too F___king Bad, It Sucks to Be You!

Little Blue said:
wink_smile.gif
Yeah tell me about it. We get that so often, its a wonder there is anyone left alive. It used to be funny, but now its just a bore..
I'm suprised.....I haven't heard it at all since I left the hotel seven years ago...never had it here at the Inn.

Back