Adjustable Beds

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I need some advice. My mother ( 95) broke her humerus right below the shoulder last week. Staying with her at Christmas I can see how miserable she is trying to sleep in her bed propped up all over by pillows etc. She cannot get any good sleep. I told my family we need to get her an adjustable bed. Does anyone here have any experices with these? What brand would you recommend? The "Crafmatic" which I have heard about..wants $2400 for a twin bed. That seems a little out of line to me. Any advice you can give would be appreciated.
Thanks all!

Have you thought about renting a hospital bed from your local hospital supply store? Medicare might even pay for some of it.

Have you thought about renting a hospital bed from your local hospital supply store? Medicare might even pay for some of it..
Yep that was my very first thought....NOthing nearby in her very small town to rent from :-( But I will have my sister check around.

Her surgeon's office should have a nurse/case manager/social worker who will rent the equipment for you. Definitely rent a hospital bed short term, that will be the cheapest option.

Check with Dr., hospital, nursing home, hospice...any of these in her county should have information about renting.
I'm so sorry your mother broke her humerus. I hope she's not in too much pain and heals quickly. 95! Bless Her!

do you have any kind of second hand furniture shops? (I noted you said very small town) as they come up now and again cos if she only needs it for a short time it would not be worth buying new. You might also try ebay as i saw some for sale there when I was looking for new beds for here and a lot cheaper than that.

I agree, rental would be far cheaper for you/her.
BTW we have an adjustable bed (our personal bed) which was given to us by a dear friend. They are very heavy and cumbersome. DH says this bed is now part of the house.

Have you thought about renting a hospital bed from your local hospital supply store? Medicare might even pay for some of it..
Yep that was my very first thought....NOthing nearby in her very small town to rent from :-( But I will have my sister check around.
Check in Steubenville - it is not that far away.
Yes thanks I told my sister to check there as it is only about 20 or so min. away. I did manage to find some hospital supply places locally in ELO and if they don't have the beds, maybe they will know who does. Also Youngstown is about 45 min away and that is a possibility as well.

Check in Steubenville - it is not that far away.
Yes thanks I told my sister to check there as it is only about 20 or so min. away. I did manage to find some hospital supply places locally in ELO and if they don't have the beds, maybe they will know who does. Also Youngstown is about 45 min away and that is a possibility as well.
Actually she is in a good location for searching. Beaver Falls, Butler, even Pgh is not all tht far. I assume you checked Weirton already.

Back