Adsense

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowpondgj

Reaction score
Adsense on your blog anyone? If so, how's it working? Not sure I want to detract from the blog with it...

No and here's why...I'm concerned that my competition will start showing up on my blog! Or other tourist towns close by. Or other weird stuff I don't know about because I have ads blocked!

Same as Bree, here - I put the amazon ads on my blog but not the adsense. I did for awhile, but it's the competition's ads that show up.

There is a way to keep certain types of ads from appearing on your site. I just confirmed this with DH who has done this before, this is not my expertise...

There is a way to keep certain types of ads from appearing on your site. I just confirmed this with DH who has done this before, this is not my expertise....
That's true. You can block certain ads, but I don't want to spend the time. PLUS, it's MY blog. Why distract potential guests with links to (oh, I don't know) tree surgeons when I put the pix up about the guy here today?! If anyone deserves the work, it's him, so let him get the calls!

I wouldn't be as much concerned about the competition as what your visitors might think. I think ads on hotel/B&B sites aren't attractive. I don't know how better to phrase it, so nobody take offense, please, but I think when people do put ads on like that it makes it look kind of low class.

I wouldn't be as much concerned about the competition as what your visitors might think. I think ads on hotel/B&B sites aren't attractive. I don't know how better to phrase it, so nobody take offense, please, but I think when people do put ads on like that it makes it look kind of low class..
Uh oh. What about the ads on here?

I wouldn't be as much concerned about the competition as what your visitors might think. I think ads on hotel/B&B sites aren't attractive. I don't know how better to phrase it, so nobody take offense, please, but I think when people do put ads on like that it makes it look kind of low class..
Uh oh. What about the ads on here?
I don't think ads on a blog or a forum like this are unexpected - nor do I think they make it a low-class site. Banner ads, pop-ups, flashing things running across your screen - are annoying. Ads to the side is just like the major search engines have been doing for years and I don't think many people pay attention to them any more.

The reality is that it takes a LOT of traffic to generate much money from Adsense. Unless you are an avid blog poster on your site generating lots and lots of posts and attracting lots of visitors, it will take a long time to generate any significant income. (keep in mind, adsense only cuts you a check when your earnings go above $100) For the traffic that I see for the "average" innkeeper blog you could go years between checks.
Adsense is primarily about volume. Volume in page numbers and volume in visitors. For the avg B&B blog the volume is usually not enough to offset the "how will guests see this" concern. If you have an above avg regional or topic specific blog it might be a different story.

Back