Advertising Dollars

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched a video on youtube that was linked from here on how to take pictures of B&B's and they said make it intimate. Skip the big room pics and get in close pics that represent a moment that the guest could see themselves in. I have yet to do it of course but i remember the idea..
toddburme said:
in close pics that represent a moment that the guest could see themselves in.
I believe it's called a vignette: a short, impressionistic scenes that focus on one moment or give a particular insight into a character, idea, or setting

I watched a video on youtube that was linked from here on how to take pictures of B&B's and they said make it intimate. Skip the big room pics and get in close pics that represent a moment that the guest could see themselves in. I have yet to do it of course but i remember the idea..
toddburme said:
I believe it's called a vignette: a short, impressionistic scenes that focus on one moment or give a particular insight into a character, idea, or setting
Penelope said:
toddburme said:
I love those type photos, as long as they are not in the jacuzzie tub. LOL That is what marketing is all about. Virginia.org has some fantastic family/romance/friends vignettes.
This is a simple and subtle image...oh how I long for that sand to squeeze between MY toes! Without the red swim trunks and bare feet you would not FEEL this image.
2011guidecover.jpg

You mention the "big 3"... I am new to the business. May I ask what they are? Thanks..
The best advertising dollars spent would be to have online reservations for your guests. It is an amenity, and they will appreciate it. Esp if they are on diff time zones.
Agree with this completely. Stats are showing that over 60% of people worldwide are now researching travel online and this grows every year. Generally if someone has to choose between a place they need to email or phone vs a place of equal value/service that can be booked instantly, they're likely to go for the one with online booking.
The problem is some sites set their commissions far too high for B&Bs. Hotels can end up paying 20-30% for each booking, which isn't realistic for B&Bs. Having to pay annual listing fees may not necessarily be the best way to go in the future, because at least commission based sites have to put their money where their mouth is. If they don't bring business, they earn nothing, and that's a very large incentive to make sure they are doing their very best to market you.
We've also seen reports from research done on Expedia that show that just by listing on other sites increased some hotel direct bookings by over 20%, because people see the listings, but then contact the accommodation owners directly.

Back