Advice on education and training to run a B & B

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out the B&B Team (https://bbteam.com/). They do day seminars as well as weekend seminars all over the nation. My husband and I went to the first weekend seminar to understand at a high level what running a B&B is all about. Then about a year later, we did the second seminar which was to work an actual B&B over a 4 day weekend along with more training/seminar items plus a individual meeting with a consultant. We learned so much and realized how much more we need to learn and think through before proceeding with our dreams. It was also a good eye opener for me regarding how my husband feels about this dream (it's mine more than his) and what he is able and willing to do. It's really good to know what each person in the partnership is able to do much less willing to do...instead of making assumptions.
If anyone else has other ideas, I am all ears as I am still learning myself! :)

Check out the B&B Team (https://bbteam.com/). They do day seminars as well as weekend seminars all over the nation. My husband and I went to the first weekend seminar to understand at a high level what running a B&B is all about. Then about a year later, we did the second seminar which was to work an actual B&B over a 4 day weekend along with more training/seminar items plus a individual meeting with a consultant. We learned so much and realized how much more we need to learn and think through before proceeding with our dreams. It was also a good eye opener for me regarding how my husband feels about this dream (it's mine more than his) and what he is able and willing to do. It's really good to know what each person in the partnership is able to do much less willing to do...instead of making assumptions.
If anyone else has other ideas, I am all ears as I am still learning myself! :).
Himself was on board, sort of. It took 3 years and a voice on the other end of the line asking,"Is this the bed & breakfast?" for him to FINALLY answer the phone- Gillum House. It was not what I wanted, but better than hello so i settled for it. He DID always do the dishes, vac, and serve if I had an early meeting or job. He always enjoyed talking to guests. EVERYONE being on board makes it better.

Back