Advise From Forum Leads to MORE Online Booking!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
Several weeks ago there was discussion about online booking, where there was disucssion of the BOOK NOW vs the CHECK AVAILABILITY buttons. And the placement of these buttons on the website.
We were (and are still) doing some major changes to our website and I discussed with DH some of good points addressed in these threads. Our old layout had a check availability button about 2/3's down on home page, as a tab at the top and bottom of each page and as a name link by each room description. - No consistancy in placement.
The following is what we implemented and some early results:
We created a Book NOW button and placed it at the top of the page on every page consistantly beside our Inn photo. Since the book NOW means ACTION, which there are still some that need more time to finalize the booking, we kept the check availabilty button but moved it to be next to the book now button. We of course kept the additional name link by each room description.
I want to thank you all so much for this advise....our online bookings have trippled in this short period of time!!!! SO YOU guys that just have the calendars out there...it is time to take action...free up some of YOUR time taken up on the phone. Yes you will still get those that want to talk to you before booking OR just simply do not feel comfortable placing CC info online but if these results stay true to form, I will be having a lot more 'ME' time.
anim_26.gif

That's great!! and thanks for sharing the results.
regular_smile.gif

Are you tracking which button they are clicking, the Avail button or the Book Now? I just started keeping track of this so don't have a lot of data. I also have a separate tracking for the links next to the room pix to see which rooms may be getting the most clicks.

Are you tracking which button they are clicking, the Avail button or the Book Now? I just started keeping track of this so don't have a lot of data. I also have a separate tracking for the links next to the room pix to see which rooms may be getting the most clicks..
Yes, I am tracking which button, etc. My eyes are open... I now see - give them every option, opportunity to book any way, any how.

Are you tracking which button they are clicking, the Avail button or the Book Now? I just started keeping track of this so don't have a lot of data. I also have a separate tracking for the links next to the room pix to see which rooms may be getting the most clicks..
Yes, I am tracking which button, etc. My eyes are open... I now see - give them every option, opportunity to book any way, any how.
Copperhead said:
Thanks for the good info.
Ours says:
"Click here to check availability or request a reservation"
Maybe replacing the the "request a reservation" language with "book now" will work for us also.

Tim - one of my good friends (a salesman) keeps after me saying you have to 'close the deal'. He hears me on the phone and is wispering in my ear 'so what's your name and we can book that room right now'.. I am not that agressive and the website showed that as well. NOW I see that many people want to just get it done...

Git r done? ha ha
We did no online rez, then we did request only online, now we are fully automated - you book it now and it is yours - here's your confirmation. Times change, so we have to as well! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Bree said:
Are you tracking which button they are clicking, the Avail button or the Book Now? I just started keeping track of this so don't have a lot of data. I also have a separate tracking for the links next to the room pix to see which rooms may be getting the most clicks.
How do you track a particular button? Mine are all text-based using CSS to create the button.

Bree said:
How do you track a particular button? Mine are all text-based using CSS to create the button.
If you use Google Analytics as your tracker uoi can set it up to track the outgoing links to your reservation system.
If you have two separate links on the same page that both go to the same system, you just specify two different "page names" in the code so it tracks them as two separate links.
While you are at it set up two goals (one for each) that tracks the use, then it is easier to get the comparison info you need.

Back