Adwords on my name

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddburme

Reaction score
I know how to get them off my name or least I have the idea in theory but anyone else have bedan dbreakfast .com buying adwords on their name? You would think a big company that makes their money off of us would be reluctant to piss us off like that. My ad goes to the page I have on their site. Buy my traffic and send it back to me... hmmm. But they might look around.
My neighbor B&B has the same thing but they bring in the adword customer to a specials page. Nothing to do with her even though she is a member of their directory.

I'd be more upset to be your neighbor B&B where they are using their name to get traffic to the B&B.com site but NOT your neighbor's page.
Ah, just went and checked and they do the same with me. The link goes to my page on their site. Odd to be sure. It's probably a LOT cheaper to buy my name on AdWords than to buy my town's name so they get biz to their site, maybe to some other inn's page and for a lot less money than buying the AdWords for my town, state.

My only concern is that the folks looking for our name are ones we have already marketed to in some way and now if they steal them, it hurts my business. I know I can get my trademark and contact Google about it.

My only concern is that the folks looking for our name are ones we have already marketed to in some way and now if they steal them, it hurts my business. I know I can get my trademark and contact Google about it..
Interestingly, when I tried AdWords a few years ago I used the name of a big store nearby as part of my campaign. Google flagged it and had to 'approve' the content of my ad.

They advertise on my name as well. Not really much you can do about it, other than to outbid them so you are always above them.
Or you could just click the hell out of it and make it unviable.

Google will take it down if you present your trademark paperwork. Which is more reason to get that stuff done.

But you would think as a common courtesy, they would not do it to people who pay them.

But you would think as a common courtesy, they would not do it to people who pay them..
toddburme said:
But you would think as a common courtesy, they would not do it to people who pay them.
Common Courtesy - sad to say but this is a very uncommon business practice these days
cry_smile.gif

Since the landing page for the ad goes to your listing specifically, I would contact bed and breakfast.com and ask them to stop bidding on that term. In their mind, they are doing it on your behalf .... so your listing gets enough traffic and they can try and justify the cost of the listing they sell to you.

Since the landing page for the ad goes to your listing specifically, I would contact bed and breakfast.com and ask them to stop bidding on that term. In their mind, they are doing it on your behalf .... so your listing gets enough traffic and they can try and justify the cost of the listing they sell to you..
Mine goes to the "SpecialOffers" page. I also just noticed some other guy called hotelsone bidding on my name with my name as part of the URL to track it, but redirects to their name page.
With popularity comes adwords.
Do I need to trademark? Is a Canadian trademark enough?

Since the landing page for the ad goes to your listing specifically, I would contact bed and breakfast.com and ask them to stop bidding on that term. In their mind, they are doing it on your behalf .... so your listing gets enough traffic and they can try and justify the cost of the listing they sell to you..
Mine goes to the "SpecialOffers" page. I also just noticed some other guy called hotelsone bidding on my name with my name as part of the URL to track it, but redirects to their name page.
I noticed someone else using my name as well.

i think the canadian trademark is enough.

Back