African-American History package

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
» African-American History in Huddleston, $159
I was just working on a short article on African American History and Freedom in our state. This year being the Sesquicentennial of the American Civil War and Emancipation, I want to share some of the sites of interest in this area. I just came across this package on an email from our state tourism and found it odd.
Take a look at the link and give me your thoughts on this please. PS this is not for a special event happening at this NPS monument.

What were you specifically asking about, if it sounds like a good deal? They seem to be marketing more towards Black History Month than the Civil War.
While this year does mark the 150th anniversary of the beginning of the American Civil War in April, Emancipation didn't occur for another two years, and the END of the War another two years after that.
And just today Walmart announced it will drop its plan to build a store on the Wilderness Battlefield in Orange County, VA.

What were you specifically asking about, if it sounds like a good deal? They seem to be marketing more towards Black History Month than the Civil War.
While this year does mark the 150th anniversary of the beginning of the American Civil War in April, Emancipation didn't occur for another two years, and the END of the War another two years after that.
And just today Walmart announced it will drop its plan to build a store on the Wilderness Battlefield in Orange County, VA..
yes they are fighting that big time. Stupid stuffmart. Good to hear they are dropping it.
The 150th anniv of the beginning of the war, and therefore the emancipation...I think that is what is being looked at, not celebrating death, but celebrating freedom, therefore the African American History Celebration in our state. Commemorating those who gave their lives on both sides of course.
http://www.virginiacivilwar.org/
http://www.aaheritageva.org/
(But my question was...it seems an odd idea to promote this as a package at a lakefront resort, unless there is an event involved. I blog about African American History - but to run a package special for this would seem strange, unless a festival or event)

And just today Walmart announced it will drop its plan to build a store on the Wilderness Battlefield in Orange County, VA..
yes they are fighting that big time. Stupid stuffmart. Good to hear they are dropping it.
The 150th anniv of the beginning of the war, and therefore the emancipation...I think that is what is being looked at, not celebrating death, but celebrating freedom, therefore the African American History Celebration in our state. Commemorating those who gave their lives on both sides of course.
http://www.virginiacivilwar.org/
http://www.aaheritageva.org/
(But my question was...it seems an odd idea to promote this as a package at a lakefront resort, unless there is an event involved. I blog about African American History - but to run a package special for this would seem strange, unless a festival or event)
OK, I have a reason for you. February is Black History Month. I thought it was and just verified it on Google.

Yes I know it is, I also wrote up some articles on it, just found it odd to run a special package at a resort with this theme. I guess I am not making sense. Sorry everyone.
help.gif

Yes I know it is, I also wrote up some articles on it, just found it odd to run a special package at a resort with this theme. I guess I am not making sense. Sorry everyone.
help.gif
You are making sense. It makes sense for the resort in this way - the resort is as hungry as we are right now and are looking for ANYTHING to hang a hat on to draw guests.

It's a promotion like any other.......they are promoting the local history and the sites that tie into the Civil War, as well is prominent black persons in history.....that is all relevent to February.....Black History Month
No different than the promoting of Civil War history and sites....365 days a year..........except the now recognition of Black History Month

Back