After Labour Day Lull?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
Is it just me or are others experiencing an after labour day lull? Thursday (tomorrow) is our quietest day since April. Things pick up on Friday. Anyone else experience this?

Yes, very quiet here this week. A few last minute calls but practically nothing. Of course, it's raining cats and dogs and our bicyclists are getting flooded off the C&O Canal, and that may count for some of it.

Yes, very quiet here this week. A few last minute calls but practically nothing. Of course, it's raining cats and dogs and our bicyclists are getting flooded off the C&O Canal, and that may count for some of it..
We had a rush of parents bringing their kids back to University then labour day and then a bit of quiet. I have three empty rooms tomorrow. I checked and I didn't have that last year or the year before, so it's just a little odd for me. I spoke to another B&B and he says he normally has a drop off for this week in particular. So I'm wondering if it's everywhere. So I can price it down a bit next year.

We are crazy busy here. September is one of the busiest months as we have plenty of tourists and film festival is starting tommorow for next 10 Days. I could book 10+ rooms if I had any and my phone is ringing non stop.

After Labor day lull? How about "after the middle of July" lull, my worst month in 1.5 years this August and Sept no better

The multiple grass fires in Texas (including those surrounding our area) have probably had an effect on our bookings. Labor Day weekend was really busy starting last Wednesday but then beginning Sunday Night nothing. Unless this drought breaks, we'll probably see a decline in bookings. I'm sure schooll starting backup has made a difference too.

We have no data as we are 1 year and 5 days old right now but we did see a decline in reservations over the weekend with a nice pick up the last two days. Supposedly this is entering our busiest time of the year so lets hope we don't slow down.

We typically see a post Labour Day lull.
For us, it's not directly related to kids going back to school (because we don't get many families here) but people seem to be getting back to routine. Their projects at work were put on hold while colleagues were taking summer holidays, outside commitments and courses start up, and basically "the party's over" so they have to get back to real world priorities.
We'll pick up again soon for the fall colours and then November is the BIG lull.

We started tapering off a couple of weeks before Labor Day, right after the Pikes Peak Marathon, although we could have rented all our rooms 5 times with all the last minute inquiries for last weekend. All these freshman college parents learned a lesson about tourism in this area!

Back