Aggravation in inverse proportion to amount paid?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PS If you have but one tv for guests, you should have a fun night with the debate with everyone in there watching it. oi veigh!.
one guest tv here -- guests watching a movie. four women who met up here each has a room to herself. one lone couple in a fifth room went to bed shortly after arrival.
we had walkins - not wanting a room - looking for a place to watch the debate as tv in their rental cottage was out. we sent them to a place in rockland. no interest in the debate expressed by guests here.
i have had guests ask about reserving the tv in the past (not last nite) but i really cannot do that.
No one mentioned the debate at breakfast, no one was was reading the paper about it. Conversations ranged from 'wonder if our flights will be cancelled because of the weather to the college one guest teaches at to what guests are doing today to why they chose a B&B over a hotel. (And this one will get ya...to get away from the news. 'We're tired of the constant onslaught of bad news, war, financial woes, we just want to enjoy each other's company for a couple of days.)

PS If you have but one tv for guests, you should have a fun night with the debate with everyone in there watching it. oi veigh!.
one guest tv here -- guests watching a movie. four women who met up here each has a room to herself. one lone couple in a fifth room went to bed shortly after arrival.
we had walkins - not wanting a room - looking for a place to watch the debate as tv in their rental cottage was out. we sent them to a place in rockland. no interest in the debate expressed by guests here.
i have had guests ask about reserving the tv in the past (not last nite) but i really cannot do that.
No one mentioned the debate at breakfast, no one was was reading the paper about it. Conversations ranged from 'wonder if our flights will be cancelled because of the weather to the college one guest teaches at to what guests are doing today to why they chose a B&B over a hotel. (And this one will get ya...to get away from the news. 'We're tired of the constant onslaught of bad news, war, financial woes, we just want to enjoy each other's company for a couple of days.)
Bree said:
Hear Hear! That is my motto today. This is a weekend 'away' so have fun and enjoy yourselves!!

Bree said:
Guests with donated GC have already stated they don't like tomorrow's breakfast, they must have a TV tonight so can we make sure no other guests use the one in the living room and have started receiving phone calls on the inn phone.
Well...the rest of the story, did they eat the breakfast?

Bree said:
Guests with donated GC have already stated they don't like tomorrow's breakfast, they must have a TV tonight so can we make sure no other guests use the one in the living room and have started receiving phone calls on the inn phone.
Well...the rest of the story, did they eat the breakfast?.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
Well...the rest of the story, did they eat the breakfast?
He did, she didn't. And she wanted the sugar and fat content of the granola before she would eat it. Did they mention any of this when they booked? Nope.
They're 'Little Miss Negativity'. They walked thru the dining room after getting early coffee telling everyone who had a flight out of here (3 rooms) that, 'You'd better hope your flight goes out, everything was shut down yesterday due to the rain.' Huh? Nothing was shut down here due to the rain.
I immediately went and checked flight status on all their flights. All arrivals and departures here were on schedule.

No guests this weekend due to the Frontier Days that is litterally on my front porch. My new sidewalk helped - last year we could almost reach out and touch the Skee Ball trailer and we have about 4 feet this year. The carnival is on two sides of me and I am parking at City Hall because I cannot get to my driveway. They gave me cones to block parking spaces for me and a guest - if we got one (Monday night we did as they were setting up). Frontier Days is all anyone is caring about here - and praying that the rain we do need will hold off just one more day although tomorrow is the car show.

No guests this weekend due to the Frontier Days that is litterally on my front porch. My new sidewalk helped - last year we could almost reach out and touch the Skee Ball trailer and we have about 4 feet this year. The carnival is on two sides of me and I am parking at City Hall because I cannot get to my driveway. They gave me cones to block parking spaces for me and a guest - if we got one (Monday night we did as they were setting up). Frontier Days is all anyone is caring about here - and praying that the rain we do need will hold off just one more day although tomorrow is the car show..
gillumhouse said:
No guests this weekend due to the Frontier Days that is litterally on my front porch. My new sidewalk helped - last year we could almost reach out and touch the Skee Ball trailer and we have about 4 feet this year. The carnival is on two sides of me and I am parking at City Hall because I cannot get to my driveway. They gave me cones to block parking spaces for me and a guest - if we got one (Monday night we did as they were setting up). Frontier Days is all anyone is caring about here - and praying that the rain we do need will hold off just one more day although tomorrow is the car show.
Do you block off rooms, knowing this event will cause problems, or is it preventing walk-ins? Do you rely heavily on walk-ins?

Well la de da. Did you tell them breakfast is comp and they either eat it or cereal???
pita.gif

There is nothing PITA about wanting a tv. How could other guests use the tv at the same time anyway?
The debate is on tonight, and people want to watch. I would not go anyplace there is not a tv tonight either. It is a country-in-the-balance sort of an evening..
That's what he wants to watch. They left. They went to the relative's house to watch TV.
It wasn't the idea of the TV it was the idea that we would 'hold' the TV for him and make sure he got to watch what he wanted. Quite frankly, this has been scheduled for awhile. He could have made sure he would get what he wanted when he booked.
Bree said:
That's what he wants to watch. They left. They went to the relative's house to watch TV.
It wasn't the idea of the TV it was the idea that we would 'hold' the TV for him and make sure he got to watch what he wanted. Quite frankly, this has been scheduled for awhile. He could have made sure he would get what he wanted when he booked.
BREE! Come on. Be real here. This is important to many people right now, to see the biggest oldest bank collapse today, wall street and everything else is going haywire! We are on the brink and people NEED to have tv's. Unless there is some old hand crank radio lying around.
confused_smile.gif
or wait
poke.gif

No one watching it here, either. Our last check-in just arrived and everybody else is out to dinner or up on the porch or in their room.
Well I watched for about 15 min and then turned on "what not to wear" I have already made up my mind. Nothing else I hear will sway me now.

No guests this weekend due to the Frontier Days that is litterally on my front porch. My new sidewalk helped - last year we could almost reach out and touch the Skee Ball trailer and we have about 4 feet this year. The carnival is on two sides of me and I am parking at City Hall because I cannot get to my driveway. They gave me cones to block parking spaces for me and a guest - if we got one (Monday night we did as they were setting up). Frontier Days is all anyone is caring about here - and praying that the rain we do need will hold off just one more day although tomorrow is the car show..
gillumhouse said:
Do you block off rooms, knowing this event will cause problems, or is it preventing walk-ins? Do you rely heavily on walk-ins?
I do not block off in hopes that someone will not care. I rarely get walk-ins. I did post on my web site that the carnival would be here. Tonight is the last night. That music is about to drive me batty! We have let the Skee Ball plug inti the outlet on our porch for the last 2 years. The man last year had me worried that he was not going to pay up but finally did the last day. This year the man paid immediately - we charged them $25 for the week. This year they did a better job of getting the cable where it would not be tripped on - not even by DH!
October is getting full. This week has been a kind of catch my breath week - or would have been if I had not had meetings, judge the pies and then judge the pets.

One room (yes JBJ, I'm calling them by their room names) the wife wanted to watch the debate but the husband wanted football, so all she saw was a little during halftime. She said that was probably plenty. We had a lovely political discussion (she and I), but then we both are able to pull back and see things from a broad perspective, and enjoy talking with others whose perspectives are different than our own. (Her husband is a different political party than she is.)
=)
Kk.

We did not watch the news (local weather only) when we were on vacation. We were de-stressing. However, I would have watched the first presidential debate had it been on at that time.
Dh & I did watch the debate and didn't come to serious blows
poke.gif

Back