Agritourism in your area

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Did you have any agritourism in your area this year?
Did you refer guests to this or did they know about it and let you know? Pick your own strawberries or peaches, corn mazes, apple festivals , etc.
What sorts of things did you find guests innjoyed by way of agritourism?
Here is an article on this from Living the Country Life:
"You know that living in the country is special, and city folks know it, too. That's why agritourism -- making agriculture into a tourist venture -- is so popular. If done correctly, it can also be a huge money-maker for acreage owners and farmers alike."
Is this something you would like to promote in your B&B marketing?

We have blueberries during June and July. There are five very large berry farms nearby, so this is very popular. Other than that, we have rodeo and equestrian events year round.

Alpaca farms are big around here. We regularly send guests out to see the animals and buy the products.

The wineries in our area are a draw year-round...the farm stands, u-picks, orchards and such are (of course) big in the Fall. Traverse City is fast becoming known as a microbrew and foodie destination, and I'm sure Jamie will continue to play that up in future marketing efforts.

Wineries, Pumpkin Patch, Corn Maze and Farm Tours are agri tourism related in our area...oh also...Wedding at the Farm...VERY POPULAR! And they work very closely with B & B's and vice versa.

I am considered an agri-tourism business because I use local farm products and stable horses (especially because of the horses aspect). I also have taken people to see the camel.

The wineries in our area are a draw year-round...the farm stands, u-picks, orchards and such are (of course) big in the Fall. Traverse City is fast becoming known as a microbrew and foodie destination, and I'm sure Jamie will continue to play that up in future marketing efforts..
wendydk said:
The wineries in our area are a draw year-round...the farm stands, u-picks, orchards and such are (of course) big in the Fall. Traverse City is fast becoming known as a microbrew and foodie destination, and I'm sure Jamie will continue to play that up in future marketing efforts.
I'm heading up to TC for Toast the Season next week!! Can't wait!

I am considered an agri-tourism business because I use local farm products and stable horses (especially because of the horses aspect). I also have taken people to see the camel..
gillumhouse said:
I am considered an agri-tourism business because I use local farm products and stable horses (especially because of the horses aspect). I also have taken people to see the camel.
When we were in SW SW VA, nearly Kentucky we saw a herd of camels, I had to laugh...nothing ever surprises me in this state.
confused_smile.gif

this is on our to-do list - to explore more of our area.. I met a lady who has a goat farm and makes cheese, but haven't visited her yet and I saw a llama farm sign the other day. Prawns are farmed about 25 miles from us, too.

I've hit GOLD! I found an Amish community! Got a map from a near by Chamber of Commerce.

Back