Ahhh it feels so good!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baygirl

Reaction score
Decided to block a couple days since it getting towards the end of our season. Does it feel good. Slept til 8, it's now 1030, I'm still in my PJ's. Sitting out by the fire in the great room (which we don't get to enjoy when guests are here) and enjoying a mimosa! Had to share with you guys since you know what I'm talking about. Today life is VERY good!

Sweet!
We take a dive off a cliff after this weekend so we're chugging along until Monday. Then, feet up!

Sweet!
We take a dive off a cliff after this weekend so we're chugging along until Monday. Then, feet up!.
It'll make you appreciate it even more!!!
regular_smile.gif

Being in a non-seasonal and non-touristy area I can't predict when I'll be busy. After about a month of being quite busy I had a 3-day hole in the calendar. Was able to re-pave the driveway without any guests, slept in this am and can only imagine how the rest of you feel!

Closing up for a week to get some work done on the house...last guests left this morning. Plumber and Electrician almost finished...painter will be here until Sunday. Really looking forward to a few days of sleeping in and relaxing. But we will be up at 6 am tomorrow to take friends into the airport so sleeping in will have to wait until Friday morning. Can't wait! Yummmm, mimosa sounds wonderful!

Being in a non-seasonal and non-touristy area I can't predict when I'll be busy. After about a month of being quite busy I had a 3-day hole in the calendar. Was able to re-pave the driveway without any guests, slept in this am and can only imagine how the rest of you feel!.
We have decide to take a few months off this year!! It has been a very trying year. But in the next breath a very good year. We broke records in the number of guest nights. Which is good for sure.
Now it is time to rest up for next year.This last accident is taking to long to heal. Having a concussion? sp is testing my will power in the take it easy mode. We decide maybe best if we leave the area and do some visiting of family in Cal. If I stay home I am find too many thing to do . You know there is always some thing that needs to be done.
We are going to take a long time to get there and traveling along the coast line. I love the coast lines on both sides of North America. On our bucket list we said we would love to see Palm Springs. I don't know if we will make it? But maybe we will make it this time. Who knows ? Any whoo it will take a few weeks to get this ready to go. With winter around the corner we have a fair amount to get set up before we go.

Being in a non-seasonal and non-touristy area I can't predict when I'll be busy. After about a month of being quite busy I had a 3-day hole in the calendar. Was able to re-pave the driveway without any guests, slept in this am and can only imagine how the rest of you feel!.
We have decide to take a few months off this year!! It has been a very trying year. But in the next breath a very good year. We broke records in the number of guest nights. Which is good for sure.
Now it is time to rest up for next year.This last accident is taking to long to heal. Having a concussion? sp is testing my will power in the take it easy mode. We decide maybe best if we leave the area and do some visiting of family in Cal. If I stay home I am find too many thing to do . You know there is always some thing that needs to be done.
We are going to take a long time to get there and traveling along the coast line. I love the coast lines on both sides of North America. On our bucket list we said we would love to see Palm Springs. I don't know if we will make it? But maybe we will make it this time. Who knows ? Any whoo it will take a few weeks to get this ready to go. With winter around the corner we have a fair amount to get set up before we go.
Go and totally enjoy! If you do not do things now, you never will and will regret it forever.

you have to be careful even when you feel completely better - make sure its not one step forwards and 2 back. I know as innkeepers we are not the personality type to sit back but needs must.

Great idea to get out and see the coasts! Even if you don't see everything, getting away from the biz is good in and of itself. We're looking at possibly 6-7 weeks off next year. We're still not busy midweek in late winter but you know how it is, you have to be 'on' in case of walk-ins.

Back