Ahhhh I can breath again!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baygirl

Reaction score
We'll be opening a bottle of bubbly up tonight to celebrate surviving a really busy season! It's a wonderful thing we were busy, but my patience was getting very very thin with guests and I'm so tired of answering the same questions over and over and over. Another week of stupidity from some guests and I think I may have lost it!
We had some guests here over the weekend that said I must love my job, because the B and B they stayed at the night before the innkeeper wasn't overly friendly. I told them I was smiling because I saw the light at the end of our tunnel shining bright and I'm sure the innkeeper at the last B and B had a very busy season and was just plain TIRED, like I am!
So I'll raise my glass to all of you tonight who's season may be winding down like ours is and say cheers, we made it through another crazy summer/fall without hurting someone! :) :)

Baygirl said:
...and I'm sure the innkeeper at the last B and B had a very busy season and was just plain TIRED, like I am!
Guest said to me this morning that they had stopped in a small store where there was an apple festival going on. They asked the clerk if the road outside was Rt whatever and the clerk growled at them (guest interpretation). I had these folks here for 4 days. I was ready to growl at them, too. If they approached the clerk the way they asked me anything (interrupting other conversations, loud and know-it-all) I wouldn't be surprised they got growled at.
Their take? If you don't like it here why don't you just leave? Hey pal, YOU'RE on vacation, the rest of us are at work.
Enjoy your downtime!

Congrats and enjoy. I love that the simple things in life are so much more rewarding when no one is in the house!

Congrats! I'm jealous.... We're in the middle of the busiest month of the year. I'm exhausted and tired of faking a smile and acting interested in conversations. I don't care where they're from, I don't care where they had dinner last night... leave my breakfast table so I can get back to work!
*sigh* a few more weeks and I'll get to have my own toast

On day 137 in a row here, only 7 more to go til 12 day vaca begins! 144 days straight 'twill be a new record for us.

thumbs_up.gif

Congrats! I'm jealous.... We're in the middle of the busiest month of the year. I'm exhausted and tired of faking a smile and acting interested in conversations. I don't care where they're from, I don't care where they had dinner last night... leave my breakfast table so I can get back to work!
*sigh* a few more weeks and I'll get to have my own toast.
weve had guests every day for as long as I can remember - I am exhausted next week we have all the new carpet in 2-stair cases 2 and a half flights each getting all the old stuff out and cut up and to the tip is going to be a majour operation!

On day 137 in a row here, only 7 more to go til 12 day vaca begins! 144 days straight 'twill be a new record for us..
Momma Smurf said:
On day 137 in a row here, only 7 more to go til 12 day vaca begins! 144 days straight 'twill be a new record for us.
We usually have this kind of run every year. This year we had 5 days off in August. Not planned, no one booked! 5 days in August! I'm still in amazement.

Sunday June 2 was the last night that we had no one staying over in any of the cottages (we did have a late check-out that day...). We have had at least one cottage occupied every night since. Our last guest of the season is scheduled to be checking out on Sunday, October 27. That will make 146 nights straight... (Then we shut down for 6 months!)

*sigh* a few more weeks and I'll get to have my own toast.
Thank you for saying this. Also our busiest month and I'm feeling the same, which is not my normal personality at all. And this full moon weekend was a doozy, guests self checked themselves in to the wrong room, random major plumbing incident with another couple...I feel like I am ready to bite someone's head off and not doing a great job at faking friendliness right now.
2 more weeks and then a few blessed days off...

On day 137 in a row here, only 7 more to go til 12 day vaca begins! 144 days straight 'twill be a new record for us..
Momma Smurf said:
Well, now I just HAD to go check for my dates...107 days. OMG, no wonder I'm tired!
omg_smile.gif

Momma Smurf said:
Well, now I just HAD to go check for my dates...107 days. OMG, no wonder I'm tired!
omg_smile.gif

Aussie Innkeeper said:
Momma Smurf said:
omg_smile.gif
You guys are nuts!
I would be chewing my foot off to get out of the trap by now.

It took until the 20th to find 2 days when I did not have any guests, meetings, or other obligations so I make reservations at a new B & B for us to do an overnight (they had a first floor room - yea!) and dinner at a fine German restaurant on the eastern part of WV. Two days after I made the rez, I see a posting about the Evening With Poe - a program put on by our museum. DH is one of the readers for it!! When my iPhone got the new upgrade it messed my calendar!
We left yesterday morning, later than planned but leisurely. Missed the buffet that was beau coup expensive but I think I would have enjoyed trying a little of EVERYTHING!! DH actually ordered a meal! - he ate REAL food, not that rabbit crap he lives on! It was great.
He had a little problem getting up the 4-6 inch rise to the porch (regular people really do not realize how a small step is so difficult) but did manage it. Beautiful B & B but she needs to get an innkeeper so there is continuity with breakfast (and a style). The friend who was doing innkeeper had to get to work and the owner who we were told was going to be there this morning had an appointment in the afternoon so did not come. It was nice but I would have liked to see what they DO if you know what I mean. Just getting away was nice. We had a night away, a great dinner, and leaf-peeping - all in one getaway.
Next week I have a Conference - a 2-night getaway so DH will be eanting pudding the night i get back!

Back