AIHP has elected a Board

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innkeep

Reaction score
This is a FWIW
From AIHP "The Association of Independent Hospitality Professionals (AIHP) is pleased to announce the formation the association’s initial Board of Directors. The board is composed of nine members representing Innkeepers and Allied Partners who began serving their terms on June 1, 2015.
Dean Carlson, The Mermaid and the Alligator, Key West, FL (Chair)
Rick Wolf, The B&B Team, Kennebunk, ME (Vice Chair)
Heidi Lanford, The Iris Inn, Waynesboro, VA (Secretary)
Dallas Renner, Retired Innkeeper, Hilton Head Island, SC (Treasurer)
Monique Greenwood, Akwaaba Bed and Breakfast Inns, NY, NJ, PA, DC, and LA
Dan Ingraham, Afton Mountain Bed and Breakfast, Afton, VA
Jim Leitch, Inn on Lake Granbury. Granbury, TX
Nancy Malikie, Gibson Mansion, Missoula, MT
Barry Werner, Scarborough Fair B&B, Baltimore, MD
"I am very excited about the future of AIHP," said Steve Hiatt, Chair of the Founding Leadership Team. "The board is made up of individuals who are respected throughout our industry and will guide AIHP in providing the best education and networking opportunities in our industry.”
PAII's response: The Board of Directors of The Professional Association of Innkeepers International wishes to extend our congratulations to the newly appointed Board for the Association of Independent Hospitality Professionals. We look forward to working together in the interest of all lodging properties. We anticipate a long and productive relationship working together to educate, advocate and facilitate.
“None of us is as smart as all of us.” Eric Schmidt, and many before him.
Respectfully,
Lynn Carlson, Board Chair

Thanks for sharing this. I look forward to what comes from it. We blocked off some time in April, just in case we decide to visit Nashville for the inaugural gathering.

curious ... what would be an 'independent hospitality professional' ... ?

curious ... what would be an 'independent hospitality professional' ... ?.
I suppose its to be a bit more open for the tricky definition people id guess its Pubs with accommodation, inn's, BB's, small hotels, motels, etc - as long as they are independent.

curious ... what would be an 'independent hospitality professional' ... ?.
All of us - not corporate owned nor franchised. Greenwood seems to me to be the only "stretch" with B & Bs in 5 places although in the world of chains and corporations, I think would still be "small potatoes".

Congrats to the new board, I wish them all the best in this. Working with curmudgeoning innkeepers is no easy task...better them than me.
shades_smile.gif

Is anyone even in PAII anymore or are they all moving over to AIHP? What are the advantages of belonging to one or the other or both?

Is anyone even in PAII anymore or are they all moving over to AIHP? What are the advantages of belonging to one or the other or both?.
Haven't been to either really in a long time. They both seem moderately uninterested in the "International" crowd.

Back