Air newbie

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One problem I see with the listing is the text days there is a minimum ONE night stay on weekends but the calendar shows differently. Maybe I'm missing where the text gets entered?
Ok, second problem - l'm only allowing 2 adults but the text says, 'no charge for extra guests.' I've stated in a couple of places up to 2 adult guests only. No one is going to read that, right? ;-).
I use the instant book feature with Air. As soon as the booking is made, you are notified. Then I email right away to confirm # of guests and pet info, if any and if for the inside room, verify food restrictions and preferences.

One problem I see with the listing is the text days there is a minimum ONE night stay on weekends but the calendar shows differently. Maybe I'm missing where the text gets entered?
Ok, second problem - l'm only allowing 2 adults but the text says, 'no charge for extra guests.' I've stated in a couple of places up to 2 adult guests only. No one is going to read that, right? ;-).
Morticia said:
Ok, second problem - l'm only allowing 2 adults but the text says, 'no charge for extra guests.' I've stated in a couple of places up to 2 adult guests only. No one is going to read that, right? ;-)
Same here on both issues.
The 2nd one is a big issue. I have heard the nightmares from neighbors of Air properties where 20 people stay in a 2 bedroom house.

Morticia said:
Ok, second problem - l'm only allowing 2 adults but the text says, 'no charge for extra guests.' I've stated in a couple of places up to 2 adult guests only. No one is going to read that, right? ;-)
The 2nd one is a big issue. I have heard the nightmares from neighbors of Air properties where 20 people stay in a 2 bedroom house.
Copperhead said:
Morticia said:
It's probably less of a problem for us, we're on site. You can count noses. Have dh walk around outside.

Late to the party, but have had one or our cottages listed on Air for over a year -- have had two or three stays and a couple more inquiries; added two other cottages earlier this spring. Have the availability calendars driven by ResKey. We mention in the description that we will collect the lodging tax (and pet fee, if applicable) upon arrival..
How to drive your Air calendar from ResKey:
The link-up uses the ical (or ics) standard for exchanging calendar data...
starting in ResKey -- go to the Rooms/Units item under the Properties tab, in the upper right corner of that screen there is a little link labelled "iCal links;" click on that, and then copy the "Export Link" for the room that you want, for example:
http://v2.reservationkey.com/p/api/icalendar/export.ics?i=1073&r=10246&f=0
Then go to your AirBnB listing, to the "update calendar" screen -- in the upper right there is a "settings" button, or in the lower right there is a "view calendar synce instructions" link. For me, either one pops up a "Reservations Settings" sidebar. At the bottom, you should see an "Import Calendar" button -- click on that, and then paste the URL that you copied from ResKey, give the calendar a name, and you are good to go! AirBnB will automatically check your Availability on ResKey a couple of times a day and update your AirBnB calendar with that information. When you get a new reservation, you only have to update your ResKey database, your Air calendar will pick it up from there.

Late to the party, but have had one or our cottages listed on Air for over a year -- have had two or three stays and a couple more inquiries; added two other cottages earlier this spring. Have the availability calendars driven by ResKey. We mention in the description that we will collect the lodging tax (and pet fee, if applicable) upon arrival..
starting in ResKey -- go to the Rooms/Units item under the Properties tab, in the upper right corner of that screen there is a little link labelled "iCal links;" click on that, and then copy the "Export Link" for the room that you want, for example:
Then go to your AirBnB listing, to the "update calendar" screen -- in the upper right there is a "settings" button, or in the lower right there is a "view calendar synce instructions" link. For me, either one pops up a "Reservations Settings" sidebar. At the bottom, you should see an "Import Calendar" button -- click on that, and then paste the URL that you copied from ResKey, give the calendar a name, and you are good to go! AirBnB will automatically check your Availability on ResKey a couple of times a day and update your AirBnB calendar with that information. When you get a new reservation, you only have to update your ResKey database, your Air calendar will pick it up from there.
Harborfields said:
Harbor, you are The Bee's Knees! Thank you, thank you!

Harborfields said:
Late to the party, but have had one or our cottages listed on Air for over a year -- have had two or three stays and a couple more inquiries; added two other cottages earlier this spring. Have the availability calendars driven by ResKey. We mention in the description that we will collect the lodging tax (and pet fee, if applicable) upon arrival.
Do you offer the cottage for the same rate as on your website?
Yes, and no. We use our shoulder-season rate. My impression so far is that Air travelers are not necessarily last minute but more short notice, maybe planning their trip only a week or two ahead. In our peak season (when our pricing is higher), we are usually already booked.
Having been looking at our rates recently, it occurs to me that offering our lower shoulder-season rate on Air even into a higher rate period, our net is about the same (if not better) as if we were paying a Booking commission on the higher rate...

Back