All about managing a guesthouse

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benandallen

Reaction score
Hi, I'm extremely interested in renting/buying over a Guesthouse in Phuket.
But may I know how long does it usually takes to recoup my capital. I know it varies depending on the location, but I just want to know in general how long will it take?
And also, how much does it takes to manage a guesthouse in Phuket per month, I know it varies depending on different period of the year, but I just want to know the average revenue per month.
Lastly, what are the success rate of managing a profitable guesthouse in Phuket, Patong.
Anyone's help is deeply appreciated.
Thank you.

The folks here are USA, Canada, and UK for the most part. I personally have no clue where Phuket is nor anything about the currency there. As for return on your capital - that depends - no matter what the currency - on how much capital and rates and expenses, number of rooms & occupancy of those rooms..... There is no way I know of to give you an answer to this question.

Sorry we are totally off the mark for information about Phuket. I can imagine you could have a nice occupancy especially from Australians who visit. You would have to speak to their tourism people perhaps to get some adequate information.
All the best Ben and Allen.

Hello, Sorry, no one here I know of will be able to help you. Here is a SITE that lists 3 in Thailand maybe if you contact them, they can steer you in the right direction

Guest houses are more comfortable than living on hotels. You would feel more comfort when you stay in such kind of accommodation. This all contradicts with penang hotels. It has the same atmosphere when you stay on hotels or guest houses.

Thailand and most areas in the far east/orient there is a possibility you will not own the land your house is on. You rent/lease the land for a number of years. Your search should be local, town government office, other guest homes, record searches, talk to local business owners, etc. Best wishes in your endeavors, keep an open mind and remember things are at a very casual pace there.

Back