All in a day's work

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
6:30 pm: car in parking lot, two people sitting in it, not our guests. We wonder if we should wait to see if they come to the door. No, off they go, maybe lost.
6:40 pm: phone rings, someone looking for a room. I explain what we have open, ask if they are in town. Yes, they are. Will they be right over as the office closes at 7. No, they are going to go shopping first. Ok, explain late arrival.
9:01 pm: phone rings, guest looking for dog friendly accommodations. No, sorry, we don't do that, call this place. But you're listed as dog friendly on trivago. (Not sure that's true, I had already shut off computer for the night.) 5 minutes later, still on phone with dog person who also has 20' trailer attached to extended cab pickup but doesn't want a hotel with a big parking lot because they can't keep an eye on their stuff.
9:30 pm: late arrivals show up. Yes, same car that was here, on the premises, 3 hours prior and could have saved us a little time by just coming in then. (I think they went looking for a hotel and found the prices out of their range.)
9:45 pm: doorbell rings. Guest wanting to know which channel is CBS. C'mon people. Look at the TV guide provided in the room right underneath the remote.
All in a day's work.

pita! If the doorbell rings at 9:45, they get a nice look at my bathrobe.
And I deliberately act more asleep than I am.

This morning I went into a room to clean after the guest departed and everything that can move is gone from its place! I found the telephone under the arm chair, unplugged. The bathroom stuff in the closet off the bedroom. The tissue box and tissue box holder wrapped in the blanket. Even the stuff like a Bible, inn book, and phone book is missing. The rest of the stuff including some of the guests clothes we found out on the balcony across the hall from the bedroom. My mom asked if they left me a tip for all my work..... I didn't find out where they hid it yet!

This morning I went into a room to clean after the guest departed and everything that can move is gone from its place! I found the telephone under the arm chair, unplugged. The bathroom stuff in the closet off the bedroom. The tissue box and tissue box holder wrapped in the blanket. Even the stuff like a Bible, inn book, and phone book is missing. The rest of the stuff including some of the guests clothes we found out on the balcony across the hall from the bedroom. My mom asked if they left me a tip for all my work..... I didn't find out where they hid it yet!.
that is soooo weird!

This morning I went into a room to clean after the guest departed and everything that can move is gone from its place! I found the telephone under the arm chair, unplugged. The bathroom stuff in the closet off the bedroom. The tissue box and tissue box holder wrapped in the blanket. Even the stuff like a Bible, inn book, and phone book is missing. The rest of the stuff including some of the guests clothes we found out on the balcony across the hall from the bedroom. My mom asked if they left me a tip for all my work..... I didn't find out where they hid it yet!.
that is soooo weird!
The good thing is we found it all! I wrote a list and each time something was found, I crossed it out.

Then there's tonight's call asking where they can rent a wheelchair for their 4 day stay.
No mention of this when booking.

Then there's tonight's call asking where they can rent a wheelchair for their 4 day stay.
No mention of this when booking..
Morticia said:
Maybe someone was hurt or had surgery in between when they booked and now. Or maybe they thought it might be easier not to pack the chair. IS there a place they can rent a chair? Around here we have a place you can borrow them for free -

No mention of this when booking..
Morticia said:
Maybe someone was hurt or had surgery in between when they booked and now. Or maybe they thought it might be easier not to pack the chair. IS there a place they can rent a chair? Around here we have a place you can borrow them for free -
I gave Himself's wheelchair and walker to our church so anyone who needs can borrow.

that is soooo weird!
The good thing is we found it all! I wrote a list and each time something was found, I crossed it out.
Oh good. You found the tip!
wink_smile.gif

that is soooo weird!
wink_smile.gif

Anon Inn said:
wink_smile.gif
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
cry_smile.gif

Guest (a long time regular) came in with a recently obtained shoulder sling. Has rung the doorbell a bazillion times (give or take a few) for help opening his water bottle, using scissors, getting coffee, GETTING DRESSED! Asked the housekeeper if she could drive him an hour away to the doctor's. Had hubby drive him to the ATM. Has other guests waiting on him. I heard him in the breakfast room sharing medication stories and all about how he was throwing up.
We love the guy, but like you say, all in a day's work.
And he extended his stay.

Also had a no-show last night. On 4th of July! Yes, we charged him. Also regulars. I hope they show today.

Guest (a long time regular) came in with a recently obtained shoulder sling. Has rung the doorbell a bazillion times (give or take a few) for help opening his water bottle, using scissors, getting coffee, GETTING DRESSED! Asked the housekeeper if she could drive him an hour away to the doctor's. Had hubby drive him to the ATM. Has other guests waiting on him. I heard him in the breakfast room sharing medication stories and all about how he was throwing up.
And he extended his stay..
Using you as extended care! I'd say he is being a bit presumptive. I am not sure how I would react to this. I know you want to be nice to the guy but gheez their are limits.
If I were a guest there I would be avoiding him like the plague. You need to be charging him for all the nursing care provided.
devil_smile.gif

And he extended his stay..
Using you as extended care! I'd say he is being a bit presumptive. I am not sure how I would react to this. I know you want to be nice to the guy but gheez their are limits.
If I were a guest there I would be avoiding him like the plague. You need to be charging him for all the nursing care provided.
devil_smile.gif

Seriously!

I checked, you aren't listed as pet friendly... they are off their meds....
WCCapture.PNG

Our new TV system seems to be working for the most part, though I now have to have signs and explain it everywhere. Once they choose it on the ROKU, it defaults to showing the guide.

I checked, you aren't listed as pet friendly... they are off their meds....
WCCapture.PNG

Our new TV system seems to be working for the most part, though I now have to have signs and explain it everywhere. Once they choose it on the ROKU, it defaults to showing the guide..
Thanks for checking! Glad to know we're not pet friendly!
Altho, another website listed us as handicap accessible.

Back