"All your websites are different, I can't figure them out."

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Got that comment today from a guest who was wanting to book a stay who told me that the town she really wanted to stay in was 'booked solid'.
She wanted to know what I had open and then asked if there were any pictures. I said, 'This is my website address...' To which she interrupted, 'I'm on your website, but you all have different layouts, I can't figure out where to find the pictures of the rooms. I've looked at websites for 45 minutes now.'
This is when saying, 'To see the pictures of the rooms, click the link that says "Rooms",' is somehow satisfying.
That over with, what do you say that we all develop a standardized B&B template that all B&B's must use so guests are not confused? You can put your own colors on it and fill it in with your own pix, but the layout must be the same from one side of the country to the other. And hotels should have to do the same thing. And they should not have calendar software that makes you download add-ons to view it.

Silly us - to try to make a pretty and user friendly web site for people who do not read.

We just had dinner with friends, and they said this woman was indignant because she was trying to book a room on line for one night for this Saturday and it wouldn't let her!!! Well DUH....guess why....there are no rooms available!!! Gheez it is enough to drive one to drink...how dumb are some people!!!

We just had dinner with friends, and they said this woman was indignant because she was trying to book a room on line for one night for this Saturday and it wouldn't let her!!! Well DUH....guess why....there are no rooms available!!! Gheez it is enough to drive one to drink...how dumb are some people!!!.
I get that one more than I care to think about. I need a big red X in the box so people get the idea. Enough guests get it right and book, but what about the ones who get it wrong in the reverse? The ones who think the price means the room is taken so don't even bother.
I do say on the website to look at the calendar to get the exact price for the date you want. But that only works when someone has figured out how to use the website. Or knows there is one to start with!

I'll go along with a standardized B&B website template as long as WE can get a standardized guest template....'all charming, everything is wonderful, etc.' guest.
wink_smile.gif

We just had dinner with friends, and they said this woman was indignant because she was trying to book a room on line for one night for this Saturday and it wouldn't let her!!! Well DUH....guess why....there are no rooms available!!! Gheez it is enough to drive one to drink...how dumb are some people!!!.
I get that one more than I care to think about. I need a big red X in the box so people get the idea. Enough guests get it right and book, but what about the ones who get it wrong in the reverse? The ones who think the price means the room is taken so don't even bother.
I do say on the website to look at the calendar to get the exact price for the date you want. But that only works when someone has figured out how to use the website. Or knows there is one to start with!
but what about the ones who get it wrong in the reverse? The ones who think the price means the room is taken so don't even bother.
You don't want to cater to people that stupid. They'll break your faucets by turning them the wrong way. They will wkae you up because their car key won't open the door to the room and they will hang out in your laundry room because they think the "private" sign is for them because their room said it has a private bath.
regular_smile.gif

but what about the ones who get it wrong in the reverse? The ones who think the price means the room is taken so don't even bother.
You don't want to cater to people that stupid. They'll break your faucets by turning them the wrong way. They will wkae you up because their car key won't open the door to the room and they will hang out in your laundry room because they think the "private" sign is for them because their room said it has a private bath.
regular_smile.gif

They'll call you on their cellphone from their bathroom to ask how to turn the shower on.
BTDT.
=)
Kk.

Back