Allegri's Miserere

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
All links removed because this innkeeper obviously lacks tact and apologizes. It just brought happy / emotional memories of my brother and a beautiful piece of music that I should have realized was not secular even though it was intended as such.

What is holy week?.
The last week of Lent and the week before Easter. Includes Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and lasts from Palm Sunday until, but not including, Easter Sunday
This will be the first year for me to not be the first vigil of the new year at the Chapel - because I traded hours.
The Chapel of Perpetual Adoration will close Maunday Thursday. Everything will be cleaned, polished, scrubbed within an inch of its life in those next few days. At Midnight Saturday - actually 00:00:01 Easter Sunday - Father Karl will proclaim HE is risen! opening the door for another year of Perpetual Adoration. (Then he goes to bed to refresh for Easter Services - he has been a priest for over 50 years) This Saturday will be the only Saturday I do not keep vigil (I already lined up my replacement for the 6 weeks I will be gone.)
I used to tease the Catholic I relieved (we now traded hours) that Father Karl would be at the Chapel to make sure that heathen Protestant would be there on time. Father Karl actually likes me - I have him fooled - he thinks I am a good person.

will bee missing palm sunday-one of my favorites have guests and they are lingering...plus four check ins and flipping rooms...i suppose God will forgive me although i would not miss good friday if I can help it

I was just asking as we were told to not talk "religion" on the forum.

I was just asking as we were told to not talk "religion" on the forum..
Ah shit - I screwed up.
This was totally non-religion based. It doesn't evoke emotion because of the religious aspect but because of the music. I am not particularly religious (I have my own beliefs). However - I made a mistake cos I've started something I didn't mean to start and I think I'm going to be sorry. Honestly - when I answered your question I had to go to Wikipedia to look it up. Now I'm really going to be in trouble from both sides. I'm an idiot. Sorry. I hope you see this message because I'm now going to find out how to remove this thread.

I was just asking as we were told to not talk "religion" on the forum..
Ah shit - I screwed up.
This was totally non-religion based. It doesn't evoke emotion because of the religious aspect but because of the music. I am not particularly religious (I have my own beliefs). However - I made a mistake cos I've started something I didn't mean to start and I think I'm going to be sorry. Honestly - when I answered your question I had to go to Wikipedia to look it up. Now I'm really going to be in trouble from both sides. I'm an idiot. Sorry. I hope you see this message because I'm now going to find out how to remove this thread.
In my not humble opinion there is no need to remove this thread. It is not a religious discussion - no one is advocating (or not) anything. It is beautiful music and a question asked about WHEN/WHAT which I took as what dates/time period that was answered. Also a few stories - I like the Father Karl fussing around story because everyone who knows him can picture it.
Tipsy, you did not screw up. I thank you for allowing the opportunity to hear this beautiful music this morning. I am the one to apologize for bringing the significance of today into it.
Edited to add, I see the link is now gone. So sad because it ws so beautiful.

Back