Almost 2 Weeks Down, More to GO

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
The is a chat. We are almost at the end of 2 weeks with my new residents (for those who do not remember, they had a fire and Mom w/2 teens are here during repairs). We are getting into a rhythm - make coffee at 6 AM and out on sideboard with creamer and fill sugar bowl - go back to bed. Push front door CLOSED as I walk past it (it is usually just pulled-to), tell the boys and their friends to use the hedgehog on the porch on their shoes, ask if everyone is in-house before I lock up. Lots of up & down the stairs but we are getting used to things - both sides. No one wants breakfast - I bought the cereals the boys asked for and a gallon of milk. She says it will be at least one more week and probably 2. The phone calls are the biggest irritant I think - at least they do not try to answer the phone so it works out I guess. Thanks for listening.

It's cashola! I vowed after the weirdo long-term renter that we had before we opened the B&B, I would never do it again. I had a couple with a toddler who were supposed to stay in our studio with a kitchen next door and then she tried to pressure me into staying in our main house. No way did I want all that traipsing up and down the stairs. So, please your heart!
The longest we had guests stay was about 2 weeks - resident artists or visiting musicians with our university. They were fantastic guests.

These folks are no trouble - they just rarely go anywhere - at least she doesn't. She does not work and one boy is in school and the other is out of school, says he wants to work, but I do not see him moving around bright and early. I suggested to him that he put night shift down on his job aps - no one wants it, it pays more, and he will not have to get up early. Someone almost always in the house was harder the first week. Now there is a rhythm to it - settled in. Love those checks though.

Gotta do what you gotta do-at least they seem to be trustworthy right? thinking of you! but cash is cash...:)

Gotta do what you gotta do-at least they seem to be trustworthy right? thinking of you! but cash is cash...:).
birdwatcher said:
Gotta do what you gotta do-at least they seem to be trustworthy right? thinking of you! but cash is cash...:)
The beauty of this house is it is a perfect set-up. OQ are on one side of the downstairs and when we go out (as we did today from 8 AM to Midnight), we just do what anyone does when they go out - we lock our doors. There is a pass-through from the kitchen to our bathroom but we have the lock on our bedroom side of the door. So we lock the bathroom door and the doors to our rooms but the B & B side is unlocked so the guests can come & go. Yes, they seem to be quite trustworthy.

Back