Amazing Cleaning Cloth

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Girl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I've been away from the forum for a few weeks. Our daughter graduated from college, our oldest son got married and then we took a two week trip to Alaska. It was an incredible few weeks! But I'm back now. Yesterday my SIL gave me a cleaning cloth for washing windows. She had been raving about this cloth for weeks and I was a bit skeptical but today I tried it and she is right, it is amazing. It's called Kaywos. It feels like a strong, thick paper towel. You just wet it and wring it out and then start cleaning anything you want. Then you just throw it in the washing machine to clean it. I washed all the windows on my first floor today in record time with no lugging of paper towels, rubbish bag, and windex. As I'm writing this I feel like I sound like an infomercial but if you are looking for something to improve cleaning time I think you'll feel the same way. Has anyone else tried it?

So my question is - do you have one of those loud irritating voices? If so, you would do a very good job selling these on TV...
poke.gif

Yes, and I talk really, really fast, like an auctioneer....going once, going, twice, SOLD!!! You wouldn't believe how many people I get to commit over the phone before they even knew what hit them!
devil_smile.gif

what is the cloth size ?
Any different than the cloths that are advertised on the right of this thread?

Around 15" X 15". I never noticed the ads for cleaning cloths before but I don't see it listed. It's called Kaywos and it is a microfiber. It sells for $6.00 for one and then discounts if you buy more. My SIL bought a ton and gave me mine. it really is amazing.

on the right hand side of this thread page............."amazon.com"
unger microfiber and Tersano cloths.......I may try the unger pack of 10 for $20
Thanks for the heads up on the cloths............i go through far to much in paper towels
Was also thinking of a squegee......years ago I had started a friend in window cleaning and power washing business.... it was real easy using the squegee.....and used plain water.....
Around home I had been using paper towels.......and I am beginning to think that I am displaying characteristics of a much older person......resisting change

on the right hand side of this thread page............."amazon.com"
unger microfiber and Tersano cloths.......I may try the unger pack of 10 for $20
Thanks for the heads up on the cloths............i go through far to much in paper towels
Was also thinking of a squegee......years ago I had started a friend in window cleaning and power washing business.... it was real easy using the squegee.....and used plain water.....
Around home I had been using paper towels.......and I am beginning to think that I am displaying characteristics of a much older person......resisting change.
We can get these kind of cleaning cloths locally.

I don't know what they're called, but I get something similar every year at the Loudonville Street Fair. They are microfiber cloths, thin, and I absolutely adore them. My sister said I sounded like an infomercial when I was showing her how to use them. Best way to clean mirrors, with no cleaning products necessary. Use a wet one, then wipe with a dry one. Presto! I cut mine in half as I didn't need the larger size.
LOVE my microfiber cloths!!!
OH... and when you wash them, don't wash them with "lint producing" loads (like towels) but with sheets and "non-lint" loads instead.
=)
Kk.

I don't know what they're called, but I get something similar every year at the Loudonville Street Fair. They are microfiber cloths, thin, and I absolutely adore them. My sister said I sounded like an infomercial when I was showing her how to use them. Best way to clean mirrors, with no cleaning products necessary. Use a wet one, then wipe with a dry one. Presto! I cut mine in half as I didn't need the larger size.
LOVE my microfiber cloths!!!
OH... and when you wash them, don't wash them with "lint producing" loads (like towels) but with sheets and "non-lint" loads instead.
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Absolutely! Mine is full of 'pills' now from going in with a towel load.

I use old washcloths to scrub down the sink and tub and tile surround then use a microfiber cloth to wipe down the brushed-nickel knobs, spickets and such. I'm with YellowSocks here, I LOVE MICROFIBER. They are great for removing streaks and water spots from everything.
I had trouble locating some replacements then was able to locate some in the automotive section of Walmart.
I also go through a LOT of Clorox wipes for the toilet, doorknobs, light switches, etc.

Upon opening, I bought two dozen bar mops, and have been using and washing them ever since. I did break down and get a swiffer with the dry and wet pads, and yowza, I see what the fuss is all about. Sure makes cleaning the wood floors upstairs easier between guests!

I use old washcloths to scrub down the sink and tub and tile surround then use a microfiber cloth to wipe down the brushed-nickel knobs, spickets and such. I'm with YellowSocks here, I LOVE MICROFIBER. They are great for removing streaks and water spots from everything.
I had trouble locating some replacements then was able to locate some in the automotive section of Walmart.
I also go through a LOT of Clorox wipes for the toilet, doorknobs, light switches, etc..
I also go through a LOT of Clorox wipes for the toilet, doorknobs, light switches, etc.
Uh...what's wrong with just putting some bleach in water and using a cloth to wipe up. That's alot of expense to go to when simpler is cheaper and just as easy.

I also go through a LOT of Clorox wipes for the toilet, doorknobs, light switches, etc..
Uh...what's wrong with just putting some bleach in water and using a cloth to wipe up. That's alot of expense to go to when simpler is cheaper and just as easy.
catlady said:
Cheaper, maybe. Easier, I doubt it. Green, probably not.
Your method: Get the bucket out. Fill it with water. Return to the cleaning closet to get the bottled bleach because you forgot it on the first trip. Add the bleach. Put on rubber gloves. Be careful not to splash bleach water on any fabrics nearby. Wash surfaces with bleach. Rinse. Rinse the bucket. Carry the bleach and bucket back to the cleaning closet. Wash and dry two cloths.
My method: Pull a wipe from the container. wipe and toss.

catlady said:
Your method: Get the bucket out. Fill it with water. Return to the cleaning closet to get the bottled bleach because you forgot it on the first trip. Add the bleach. Put on rubber gloves. Be careful not to splash bleach water on any fabrics nearby. Wash surfaces with bleach. Rinse. Rinse the bucket. Carry the bleach and bucket back to the cleaning closet. Wash and dry two cloths.
I had several things ruined by my housekeeper when she used bleach. :-( And she ruined at least one wooden toilet seat by spraying it with bathroom cleaner with bleach.
cry_smile.gif
I had to go with the wipes myself for that reason.....

catlady said:
I had several things ruined by my housekeeper when she used bleach. :-( And she ruined at least one wooden toilet seat by spraying it with bathroom cleaner with bleach.
cry_smile.gif
I had to go with the wipes myself for that reason.....
yeah full strenght bleach will do that. Actually what I did was pop the lid on a can of lysol and spray :)

What's the thread count on these microfiber cloths? Are they available in full and king size?
wink_smile.gif

catlady said:
Oops...duplicate post.

just ordered the Unger 10 pack from the right side of the page........will see how they work out.
Swirt...........like the amazon feature on the right side of the forum pages.....and that it is forum topic specific
A great 4th of July to all

Country Girl
Thanks for creating this thread.
I had received the unger towels about a week ago....
A momment ago tried them for the first time......did the upstairs windows......Wow........Wow.........wet one, another to dry and buff the glass......did the worst of the windows last......towel was soiled, no matter. Window came out as clean as the first.
A bit more effort on realy dirty glass...........easy, much quicker doing the windows I just did...........no reaching for windex, no reaching for more paper towels............absolutely no streaks.........no lint.
I'm converted.

Back