Amazing guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Guests here for a funeral. The mother is named Erminetrude, she is 91 and she said and I quote “Can we walk to the church, I just love to walk” she is 91!
She had absolutely no trouble with our flight of stairs up to their room! I cannot get over it. She is heading out into the gardens to see the roses and peonies that are blooming.
whattha.gif

NINETY ONE!

I love old people who aren't old. My take on it is they're alive now, but the end is nigh and they'll have eternity to rest.

My aunt and uncle....last couple left ...on the dance floor at my nieces wedding last night! Both almost 90, married 61 years, still going strong. So glad I got to see them again! Both dresses to the 9'S and looking so happy, so wonderful!!!

We also have innmates at the inn this evening. That is always a special treat!

Joey Bloggs said:
Guests here for a funeral. The mother is named Erminetrude, she is 91 and she said and I quote “Can we walk to the church, I just love to walk” she is 91!
Well, how do you think she got to 91? Walking!! Moving! The ones who sit around are the ones who get old. Fast.
=)
Kk.

Little 91 dashed into the kitchen. She said "Oh mah look at those beautiful flowuhs! I have got tah see those flowers!" the azaleas from our bay window.
The daughter said "Mama, you can't go in there you need to stay out here!" Little 91 says "Oh mah, I AM sorry, I whus bein' ugly whutint I?" and dashed back out.
The daughter apologized and said "Mama ate a banana before I could stop her!"
But I made bacon! As we say in our industry, even vegetarians will eat bacon. So sure enough Little 91 said "Yah don't mahnd if i jus' pick this up with mah hands do ya?" and ate the bacon. Apparently her recipe for logevity food wise is peanut butter and banana every morning. (and bacon now and again).

Little 91 dashed into the kitchen. She said "Oh mah look at those beautiful flowuhs! I have got tah see those flowers!" the azaleas from our bay window.
The daughter said "Mama, you can't go in there you need to stay out here!" Little 91 says "Oh mah, I AM sorry, I whus bein' ugly whutint I?" and dashed back out.
The daughter apologized and said "Mama ate a banana before I could stop her!"
But I made bacon! As we say in our industry, even vegetarians will eat bacon. So sure enough Little 91 said "Yah don't mahnd if i jus' pick this up with mah hands do ya?" and ate the bacon. Apparently her recipe for logevity food wise is peanut butter and banana every morning. (and bacon now and again)..
I love her already!
heart.gif

She sounds like a jewel and even though she ventured into your private area, you seem to have been softened by her charms. It just goes to say that is why some guests get away with things others don't....
wink_smile.gif

She sounds like a jewel and even though she ventured into your private area, you seem to have been softened by her charms. It just goes to say that is why some guests get away with things others don't....
wink_smile.gif
copperhead said:
wink_smile.gif
She came back with an entire family in tow, a dozen people, stopped on the porch "Look at the view from here..." then inside and called me by name and asked if she could show her family her apartment. :) They wandered all over, then out to the ponds and I chatted to them all for 10 minutes. I figure it is always a good thing to show people and they then can tell people and so on and so on.

I told DH I hope I can SEE and RECOGNIZE a view when I am 91. She was pointing out all the flowers blooming like a regular tour guide. I have never seen anything like it!

We just got invited to a dinner party this Sunday by some acquaintances - they are in their mid 80's. We always see them out and about.
This is why I certainly don't consider myself old at my age!!
Enjoy this lovely guest!

Back