Amenity soaps

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agoodman

Reaction score
I went from using pump (body) soaps to getting individual soaps from American Historic register, to finding the BEST personalized soaps at http://www.gbsoaps.com
They are fairly reasonable for personalized, and a nice size, name of the Inn imprinted into the soap, paper cover and a drawing of my Inn on the cover. They also do reasonably priced lip balm and 3-pak soaps for gifts shop.
(no that is not my company before anyone attacks me, I am just sharing a nice product that I found)
tounge_smile.gif

We use the same company. It's a pretty cheap 'giveaway' for those guests who want a souvenir with the name on it. The fragrances are ok, too. We did the lip balm a couple of years ago and did get one return guest (plus friends of guest) out of it who found the lip balm in the bottom of her purse and remembered us. I have a couple of them I use and they are good lip balms.

Although pumps don't ruin my stay at an inn, I do prefer and love those little soaps. One clever innkeeper offered guests enough for their stay but also tossed a few toiletries in little shrink wrapped gift baskets and bags (included other items as well) for sale in their gift shop. Because the price was right, guests would buy several to take home as soveniers or for their own use. ;)
I love B&B, inn gift shops. Always find neat and unusual gifties in them. :)

Although pumps don't ruin my stay at an inn, I do prefer and love those little soaps. One clever innkeeper offered guests enough for their stay but also tossed a few toiletries in little shrink wrapped gift baskets and bags (included other items as well) for sale in their gift shop. Because the price was right, guests would buy several to take home as soveniers or for their own use. ;)
I love B&B, inn gift shops. Always find neat and unusual gifties in them. :).
We offer both pump and individual. That way, those who wish to reduce their footprint on the earth can do so, and it helps keep our costs down.
Riki

American Historic Register??? what is that? Your link points to Greenich Bay Soaps which has been around forever and many of us use them.

American Historic Register??? what is that? Your link points to Greenich Bay Soaps which has been around forever and many of us use them..
ah silly me, I must have missed all the rules on the site. Well I (sorry) had never heard of them until a few months ago ... American Hotel Register is one of the largest supply companies for hotels in the USA, everthing from amenities to cleaning supplies to linens, but of course I should NOT be mentioning this here (of COURSE it goes on the resources page silly me).
If someone would point me to the "how to use our website" area, I willtry to refrain from showing myself to be an ignorant innkeeper.
embaressed_smile.gif

B&B's are supposed to be a pleasant experience. If we want them to be ecofriendly we can tell people to stay home! Then imagine how much less waste we will have and less consumption. Plus they can keep the GREEN in their pockets.
But like YS keep saying "We are in this business to make money."

B&B's are supposed to be a pleasant experience. If we want them to be ecofriendly we can tell people to stay home! Then imagine how much less waste we will have and less consumption. Plus they can keep the GREEN in their pockets.
But like YS keep saying "We are in this business to make money.".
Oh wow, money?? $$$? I thought I did it just because I love it (sigh)
and on that note, let me go see AGAIN where my guest (supposed to arr at 6pm last night, showed up at 11pm, supposed to be down for breakfast 8.15am and umm .... no sign of her, although 3 alarm clocks have been going off for over an hour)
Maybe I can charge extra to send in 3 bounding "wake up poodles!

But like YS keep saying "We are in this business to make money.".
and on that note, let me go see AGAIN where my guest (supposed to arr at 6pm last night, showed up at 11pm, supposed to be down for breakfast 8.15am and umm .... no sign of her, although 3 alarm clocks have been going off for over an hour)
agoodman1963 said:
Guests from your state recently told me of another inn where a business traveler never made it into their office. They called the inn and he never showed for breakfast. They went over there and found him dead from a heart attack, he was 34 had 3 kids and a wife. Not to scare anyone, but this happened about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I guess the maid would have found him eventually.

Do you have a particular scent or anything that you recommend?
Sometimes things get posted in the wrong spot... no biggie. We also have a Recipes section, but there are a LOT of recipes posted all throughout the forum. It happens.
I have a lot of people who like seeing the pumps, but I also have soap in my amenity baskets. I've just been putting Irish Spring in there, so it's about time I look into the personalized soaps. Thanks for the reminder!
=)
Kk.

Sometimes things get posted in the wrong spot... no biggie. We also have a Recipes section, but there are a LOT of recipes posted all throughout the forum. It happens.
I have a lot of people who like seeing the pumps, but I also have soap in my amenity baskets. I've just been putting Irish Spring in there, so it's about time I look into the personalized soaps. Thanks for the reminder!
=)
Kk..
I got their soaps in the wildflower scent, love it .. as for other scents, the only other thing that I have found for general scenting that does not make my house smell like a toilet at Waffle House is the Febreeze dual scents Vanilla ...... of course I can hardly find it anymore now that I have 6 of those little diffusers for it!!

=)
Kk..
I got their soaps in the wildflower scent, love it .. as for other scents, the only other thing that I have found for general scenting that does not make my house smell like a toilet at Waffle House is the Febreeze dual scents Vanilla ...... of course I can hardly find it anymore now that I have 6 of those little diffusers for it!!
agoodman1963 said:
Well, I don't scent my house (unless you count cooking dinner...) but eventually I'm going to have to pick a soap scent. Thanks!
=)
Kk.

=)
Kk..
agoodman1963 said:
Well, I don't scent my house (unless you count cooking dinner...) but eventually I'm going to have to pick a soap scent. Thanks!
=)
Kk.
Greenwich Bay has an unscented almond soap, which is the one that I use. Their tea olive soap, which comes in a bigger bar, is practically unscented and I think they also have an unscented goats' milk. I do use wildflower for the bath gel and citrus for the conditioning shampoo. I prefer the citrus to the wildflower, though - personally.

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
If you call them, they will send a sampler box to you with all the different scents. I got a LOT of logo'd (not MY logo) free samples from them and we tried them all. Because our logo is a 'pine' tree we went with 'balsam' for the scent. It's not the best scent they have, but it's not fruity or flowery, so most guys will use it. They have nice 'collections' with all the different amenities but we don't get into the whole amenity line, just the soaps, and once, the lip balm.

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
If you call them, they will send a sampler box to you with all the different scents. I got a LOT of logo'd (not MY logo) free samples from them and we tried them all. Because our logo is a 'pine' tree we went with 'balsam' for the scent. It's not the best scent they have, but it's not fruity or flowery, so most guys will use it. They have nice 'collections' with all the different amenities but we don't get into the whole amenity line, just the soaps, and once, the lip balm.
thanks for that!!

Yeah I love Greenwich Bay Products. Been using them for a few years now and they are always nice to deal with. Guests seem to just love the shampoo and the lotions. I just started using the make up remover cloths. The dry ones not the pre wetted ones and those seem to work in saving washcloths from staining if the guest bothers to use them. The guests often comment on the printed wrappers and how good they look.

Yeah I love Greenwich Bay Products. Been using them for a few years now and they are always nice to deal with. Guests seem to just love the shampoo and the lotions. I just started using the make up remover cloths. The dry ones not the pre wetted ones and those seem to work in saving washcloths from staining if the guest bothers to use them. The guests often comment on the printed wrappers and how good they look..
One place I have stayed has a branded scent (they can afford to have that done) and I order hand lotion from the inn. I asked GB if I could order it direct from them and they said it was a proprietary blend and no I couldn't. Rats. It's almost $20 with shipping to order one 12 oz bottle.

American Historic Register??? what is that? Your link points to Greenich Bay Soaps which has been around forever and many of us use them..
ah silly me, I must have missed all the rules on the site. Well I (sorry) had never heard of them until a few months ago ... American Hotel Register is one of the largest supply companies for hotels in the USA, everthing from amenities to cleaning supplies to linens, but of course I should NOT be mentioning this here (of COURSE it goes on the resources page silly me).
If someone would point me to the "how to use our website" area, I willtry to refrain from showing myself to be an ignorant innkeeper.
embaressed_smile.gif

agoodman1963 said:
embaressed_smile.gif
It is American HOTEL Register...you put HISTORIC...that is why I questioned it.:)

Yeah I love Greenwich Bay Products. Been using them for a few years now and they are always nice to deal with. Guests seem to just love the shampoo and the lotions. I just started using the make up remover cloths. The dry ones not the pre wetted ones and those seem to work in saving washcloths from staining if the guest bothers to use them. The guests often comment on the printed wrappers and how good they look..
One place I have stayed has a branded scent (they can afford to have that done) and I order hand lotion from the inn. I asked GB if I could order it direct from them and they said it was a proprietary blend and no I couldn't. Rats. It's almost $20 with shipping to order one 12 oz bottle.
I purchase bath gels and other things for the shower gel pumps in the roomsin the large gallon jugs at a reasonable price. I usually get the organic kind. Couldn't get a big jug of lotion with a large pump on it to fill up small bottles for the rooms and then put your label on the bottle?

Back