AmEx Class Action Refund

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Did you get a refund back from AmEx from a class action suit over foreign currency exchanges?

Yes. It was about $6 but I was glad to get it!

I'm always careful to read the back of the check on unexpected money like this, where it says "by cashing this check you agree to..." because sometimes you're agreeing to some contract or subscription you don't want, but this one just said cashing the check means you accept it as your final settlement, which was fine with me.

About the same amount. We've only taken one or two Amex, so it covered the bite from those transactions.

About the same amount. We've only taken one or two Amex, so it covered the bite from those transactions..
Skamokawa said:
About the same amount. We've only taken one or two Amex, so it covered the bite from those transactions.
Sounds like they just doled the money out based on the size of the property. We do a really big AmEx biz (maybe not cross borders, tho) and we got the same size check.

Haven't gotten a check even though we do a good bit of business AMEX, but rarely international... that could be it.
But on a side note, got a letter from them stating they were changing us to Monthly Gross Pay which means they will send me the full amount of each CC charge then debit us on the 5th of each month for the 'discount cost & other charges'. I sorta liked it taken out of each charge and not having another auto debit coming out of my account. It will be easier for accounting purposes though.

Haven't gotten a check even though we do a good bit of business AMEX, but rarely international... that could be it.
But on a side note, got a letter from them stating they were changing us to Monthly Gross Pay which means they will send me the full amount of each CC charge then debit us on the 5th of each month for the 'discount cost & other charges'. I sorta liked it taken out of each charge and not having another auto debit coming out of my account. It will be easier for accounting purposes though..
It was the "other charges" and discounts debited that made me go to the gizmo on my iPho ne. I never knew until I got my bank statement just how much they had assessed me each month. Made keeping track of how much I actually had in the account VERY difficult.

But on a side note, got a letter from them stating they were changing us to Monthly Gross Pay which means they will send me the full amount of each CC charge then debit us on the 5th of each month for the 'discount cost & other charges'. I sorta liked it taken out of each charge and not having another auto debit coming out of my account. It will be easier for accounting purposes though..
We get hit on the 26th usually. It's a moving target, tho. It seems like they knock a day off every once in awhile. It used to be around the 30th.

About the same amount. We've only taken one or two Amex, so it covered the bite from those transactions..
Skamokawa said:
Sounds like they just doled the money out based on the size of the property. We do a really big AmEx biz (maybe not cross borders, tho) and we got the same size check.
I think it was size of property, not actual AmEx billings. We got $9 and don't even accept AmEx.

This all reminds me of the movie 'The Jerk' & the Opti Grab settlement checks

Back