An annual vacation can cut one's risk of heart attack by 50%

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is why I have changed over to MyUKtravel means i can advertisine in a bunch of places and it all updates each other automatically so I only have to deal with it when I take a booking over the phone or by email and then I only have to update my callender and it updates everything. It also gives me free online live booking through my web site as a side benefit so if I was out can tell them to book online through my web site. It also prints reg forms with all the stuff filled in for each day whic speeds up the checking in process and collects data for future reference. It also means should I be on holiday I can take reservations or rather the system will take reservations without me having to think about it at all. Would also set my email to auto respond we are on annual leave please book through the web site. I have my email accounts all connected up through my blackberry and reply to any emails usually within 5 minutes unless Im out then probably an hour max. People these days do not have patience and expect an instant reply.

However, trying to book the rooms to take the vacation may cause the heart attack! I am looking for a place to stay in a rather out of the way town. There are, that I can find, 4 B&B's and a bunch of motels. The only B&B with online booking is closed for the winter. That site had the most information, so I used it to plan other things to do in the area.
The other 3 B&B's:
  • have no photos
  • have, at most, 2 pages to their sites
  • no descriptions of the rooms (ie- bed sizes)
  • one of them describes the furniture in remarkable detail, but no bed sizes.
  • no info on bathrooms- en suite or not
  • one page resolved itself into a ring network as I was reading the info (now that was strange)
  • another B&B only has a single uninformative page on a ring network
  • all of them are 'call us or email us for more information'
So, I emailed. And now I wait..
Almost 24 hours. Still waiting.
Madeleine said:
I got my confirmations about 5 hours after the online booking, so we're all set! This place promises "a big country breakfast" and just shows a photo, and mentions, one innkeeper on the website and he has 11 rooms. He surely has paid staff, or he's gonna run himself to death!
Death in the immediate family at the place I was looking at. (As in one of the innkeepers died.) Thus, not really focused on the B&B at the moment. Invited us to come up in the spring when things will be calmed down. Sounded like nice people.
Come see me. You will not beat the price!

So, the second place I called on Monday? No response. We were going there tomorrow. Now we're not. It's obvious nothing is open in that town in spite of the websites all saying 'open all year'.

However, trying to book the rooms to take the vacation may cause the heart attack! I am looking for a place to stay in a rather out of the way town. There are, that I can find, 4 B&B's and a bunch of motels. The only B&B with online booking is closed for the winter. That site had the most information, so I used it to plan other things to do in the area.
The other 3 B&B's:
  • have no photos
  • have, at most, 2 pages to their sites
  • no descriptions of the rooms (ie- bed sizes)
  • one of them describes the furniture in remarkable detail, but no bed sizes.
  • no info on bathrooms- en suite or not
  • one page resolved itself into a ring network as I was reading the info (now that was strange)
  • another B&B only has a single uninformative page on a ring network
  • all of them are 'call us or email us for more information'
So, I emailed. And now I wait..
Madeleine said:
I got my confirmations about 5 hours after the online booking, so we're all set! This place promises "a big country breakfast" and just shows a photo, and mentions, one innkeeper on the website and he has 11 rooms. He surely has paid staff, or he's gonna run himself to death!
Death in the immediate family at the place I was looking at. (As in one of the innkeepers died.) Thus, not really focused on the B&B at the moment. Invited us to come up in the spring when things will be calmed down. Sounded like nice people.
Come see me. You will not beat the price!
Thanks! DH is recovering from the creeping crud so we're putting off any travel until he's better. Good thing as the other B&B never returned our call.
This is why when guests who have stayed in that part of the state get here they are amazed. They get attention!

So, the second place I called on Monday? No response. We were going there tomorrow. Now we're not. It's obvious nothing is open in that town in spite of the websites all saying 'open all year'..
Be careful you might have a heart attact just trying to plan a vacation!
wink_smile.gif

Back