An easy way to stay in touch with your guests.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Innkeepers please be warned
Sending out confidential guest information to a third party? What do you think they will do with all this contact information?.
Another thought....what if a card arrives...the wife opens it...and then wonders..... why are we getting a card from a B&B we have never visited.....OOOPS :-(

Sending out confidential guest information to a third party? What do you think they will do with all this contact information?.
Jo Bloggs said:
Sending out confidential guest information to a third party? What do you think they will do with all this contact information?
You know they'll sell it just like everyone else does!
RIki

Another thought....what if a card arrives...the wife opens it...and then wonders..... why are we getting a card from a B&B we have never visited.....OOOPS :-(
catlady said:
Absolute excellent point. Here comes the lawsuit....
RIki

The use of a follow-up email is an interesting one. Going to an email may be less risky, in that they used an email to get the original confirmation so the contact person at least has control of that ..as compared with going in a card to the address on file...which as has been pointed out might alert a spouse to something that was not right. ...though I imagine a couple on a secret getaway may not agree to be photographed anyway.
Some of the guest managment programs offer automatic email thank you emails to go out upon checkout or a certain number of days after checkout.
I have chosen not to use it because I prefered to customise the thank you by including details about their stay (that would make them know it was not generic). But to be honest...I often fall behind on them... so then the question becomes...is a generic auto email thank you, better or worse than no email?

The use of a follow-up email is an interesting one. Going to an email may be less risky, in that they used an email to get the original confirmation so the contact person at least has control of that ..as compared with going in a card to the address on file...which as has been pointed out might alert a spouse to something that was not right. ...though I imagine a couple on a secret getaway may not agree to be photographed anyway.
Some of the guest managment programs offer automatic email thank you emails to go out upon checkout or a certain number of days after checkout.
I have chosen not to use it because I prefered to customise the thank you by including details about their stay (that would make them know it was not generic). But to be honest...I often fall behind on them... so then the question becomes...is a generic auto email thank you, better or worse than no email?.
I think a generic one would be worse than not getting one at all.

I have chosen not to use it because I prefered to customise the thank you by including details about their stay (that would make them know it was not generic). But to be honest...I often fall behind on them... so then the question becomes...is a generic auto email thank you, better or worse than no email?.
I think a generic one would be worse than not getting one at all.
I just created a poll ;)

While I use a template for my thank you emails, I do modify it with their first names, and anything memorable that happened during their stay, or the reason for their stay...etc.

catlady said:
VERY interesting point! :) I guess having a spot for them to say it's OK to mail them follow-up info is a good idea.

Back