An icon gone

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Just saw the news...an icon of our BOOMER PAST has gone...Dick Clark! Had to happen some time. But sad to remember all those years watching American Bandstand.... learning dances on Saturdays. Fond memories

cheers.gif
Here's to Dick Clark. Thanks for the memories.

I know right? I remember listening to him on the radio...still today sometimes, what a shame but he was so great.

First we lose the New Years Eve Icon - Guy Lombardo (Most of you are saying Guy Who?) and now we say goodbye to the sucessor Icon Dick Clark. Will anyone make it as the next New Years Eve Icon?

First we lose the New Years Eve Icon - Guy Lombardo (Most of you are saying Guy Who?) and now we say goodbye to the sucessor Icon Dick Clark. Will anyone make it as the next New Years Eve Icon?.
gillumhouse said:
First we lose the New Years Eve Icon - Guy Lombardo (Most of you are saying Guy Who?) and now we say goodbye to the sucessor Icon Dick Clark. Will anyone make it as the next New Years Eve Icon?
If we remember does it mean we are OLD? ;-)

First we lose the New Years Eve Icon - Guy Lombardo (Most of you are saying Guy Who?) and now we say goodbye to the sucessor Icon Dick Clark. Will anyone make it as the next New Years Eve Icon?.
gillumhouse said:
From a diff thread re age, I would say you probably remember your parents talking about Guy Lombardo and the Royal Canadians.

gillumhouse said:
From a diff thread re age, I would say you probably remember your parents talking about Guy Lombardo and the Royal Canadians.
yes but so many years of Dick Clark.

K, I think Ryan Seacrest who has been hosting New Year's Eve in the Big Apple with Dick Clark since 2005 is the heir apparent.
wink_smile.gif

Dick Clark will be remembered as our oldest American teenager though...

A couple more today...Levon Helm from The Band and Jonathon Frid from Dark Shadows (a BIG deal when I was a 13 year old!)

A couple more today...Levon Helm from The Band and Jonathon Frid from Dark Shadows (a BIG deal when I was a 13 year old!).
Madeleine said:
A couple more today...Levon Helm from The Band and Jonathon Frid from Dark Shadows (a BIG deal when I was a 13 year old!)
I think Jonathon might have been done in by the trailers playing for the new Dark Shadows movie :-(

A couple more today...Levon Helm from The Band and Jonathon Frid from Dark Shadows (a BIG deal when I was a 13 year old!).
Madeleine said:
I think Jonathon might have been done in by the trailers playing for the new Dark Shadows movie :-(
You must really be upset! That posted 3 times!
He's in the movie. He and other cast members from the original show have cameos. I've seen one of the trailers and I'm not impressed. And Johnny Depp, too. He was made to play that role.

Madeleine said:
You must really be upset! That posted 3 times!
He's in the movie. He and other cast members from the original show have cameos. I've seen one of the trailers and I'm not impressed. And Johnny Depp, too. He was made to play that role.
Never mind. Burp.

Back