An International Elopement

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Today we had an elopement that was International in more ways than one. The bride is from Qatar and the groom from Newfoundland, Canada AND the family and friends ALL attended - via Zoom. The wedding was in front of the Christmas tree in the Library with her laptop on the desk where everyone could watch. Made it tight quarters to do the video, but what the hey. She loved her bouquet, they liked the wedding cake so well that she came back down for more of it after we got back from feeding Punjab & Kofi. Al the photos I took are on a CD and am almost finished making the DVDs of the video. The top tier of the wedding cake (heart-shaped) is wrapped for them to take with and I am giving them a roast of the coffee he chose for tomorrow's breakfast - India Mysore Nuggets. They will have my maple venison sausage, an egg bake of some sort, and the fruit will be a Christmas tree of kiwi slices with pomegranate garlands & decorated with papaya, mandarin orange pieces, red raspberries, and other fruit I have in-house. Will start them with shrimp cocktails in tiny brandy snifters. will do photos in the morning.

Happywedding-gillumhouse-016.JPGHappywedding-gillumhouse-002.JPGHappywedding-gillumhouse-019.JPG

Nice. I assume they are living in the US at the moment.

Nop
Nice. I assume they are living in the US at the moment.

Nope - He lives in Newfoundland and she is from Qatar and is in university there. I guess they will now start the immigration process. Did not ask. They are HITCHED.

Hmmm... how did they get to the US at the moment. The land borders are closed.

I have no clue. I think they came in earlier - they were already in State on Wednesday cuz they got the license Wednesday (I only know that cuz I was worried as our Courthouse closed down Tuesday & he responded they had an appointment at the County north of me. That worked.

You can cross into the US if you’re a US citizen, and likewise can enter Canada as a Canadian. We have some dual-citizens here who have been crossing back and forth.

Any Canadian can fly into the U.S. It is the land borders that are closed. Once they cross back into Canada (fly) they may need to self-isolate for 14 days, depending on what province they fly into. If they fly back into Newfoundland from anywhere in Canada, they must self isolate for 14 days. I can fly into Ontario from Newfoundland to see my daughter but I would even need to self-isolate coming back into Newfoundland.

Back