and another thing!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Don't leave politcial flyers in my guest rooms drawers and underneath things!!

We haven't had that one but we have had a LOT of religious tracts left in notieceable places. I don't know if we cause them to be left or those guests do that wherever they go.

They do it wherever they go. This was a first here too. Funny you would think it would happen more often, really. But putting it underneath something which I move. I thought at first it was for the next guests, etc, but maybe it was for me. For me, leave it on the bed.
Politicians suck.

Never had political stuff left in the room before. Religious stuff left here all the time... some in obvious places - for me I supose, and some left in the drawer with all my info. That is the stuff I hate, makes it seem like it is OUR push. We do keep a list of ALL church addresses and services in the area in our guest literature - this done for convenience (for us).

Anyone who chooses their political candidate based on a flyer they find hidden in the guest room of a B&B or inn should have their right to vote revoked.

Just political? Let's see... I had a few that are proselytizing and left me their flyers and magazines. I think that's worse than political flyers.

the local hotels produced a map and it has all the churches on and this chap was like "they should put all the services on" I said well when they put any money towards publishing it then they will. what and idiot.

Never had political stuff left in the room before. Religious stuff left here all the time... some in obvious places - for me I supose, and some left in the drawer with all my info. That is the stuff I hate, makes it seem like it is OUR push. We do keep a list of ALL church addresses and services in the area in our guest literature - this done for convenience (for us)..
Right. I hate finding stuff guests have left behind in 'hidden' places. I don't go through all the magazines for example and oh what I have found in there!
Stuff folded inside the maps I leave in the dressers. Mostly though I have found things right where the guest meant to leave them- for me, on the bed or the dresser.

Never had political stuff left in the room before. Religious stuff left here all the time... some in obvious places - for me I supose, and some left in the drawer with all my info. That is the stuff I hate, makes it seem like it is OUR push. We do keep a list of ALL church addresses and services in the area in our guest literature - this done for convenience (for us)..
Right. I hate finding stuff guests have left behind in 'hidden' places. I don't go through all the magazines for example and oh what I have found in there!
Stuff folded inside the maps I leave in the dressers. Mostly though I have found things right where the guest meant to leave them- for me, on the bed or the dresser.
Madeleine said:
Actually, you reminded me of the time we stayed at a dubtree in a jr. suite (aka Honeymoon suite). Hidden between the phone books were two skin flicks... what was more shocking was that one was for the 90% and the other for the 10%.

Just political? Let's see... I had a few that are proselytizing and left me their flyers and magazines. I think that's worse than political flyers..
Twice, I've had them mail me their religious material after their stay. UGH!!!
Breakfast Diva said:
I have too. It was a strange couple. They sent me a pamplet that had a photograph of burning flames on it..and it was religious material.

Just political? Let's see... I had a few that are proselytizing and left me their flyers and magazines. I think that's worse than political flyers..
Never had it mailed to me, thankfully. But we have had it left in the room and left hidden in the room. Funny part is, we have had a number of clergy and it is NEVER them.

Back